What's new

B&W 604 S3 vs. Energy Connoisseur C-9 (1 Viewer)

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Please help a complete newbie select a pair of speakers... :D

I just got a call from my dealer. Would I be interested in listening to the Energy Connoiseur C-9? They just started bringing them to México. Cost? $1K.

He said it would be a nice alternative to the $1.4K B&W DM604 S3 I was thinking about buying.

Choices, choices. I can't listen to the Energys - they won't be on showrooms until next month. The drivers seem to be cheaper on the Energys. Yet, the reviews are nothing short of stellar....

Any opinions on anyone who has heard both would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Javier.

Percell

Grip
Hello,
I have the B&W DM 603 S3 for about 2 months. I love them!!!!! As a matter of fact I have the matching center and rear speakers. I am really into cd as I have a growing list of SACD cd's. I have found out that it is really a matter of what you like. I have also found out that you need to take your favorite CD and let them play it for you and you do the comparing. Be aware that they may have the speakers bi wired, which is the way to go.
Good luck!

Percell

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Thanks a lot for your opinion!

I have listened to the whole 600 line by B&W. I loved the 602 S3's sound, and was going to listen to the 604's this weekend.

The Energys seem like a nice buy, though... they are quite a bit cheaper.

Yet, the B&W's seem so well built, and... well... beautiful.

Argh. How can I make a choice if my dealer won't stock the Energys for a while? It'd be OK hadn't I already paid for a set of 602's (a set I told my dealer I'd not buy, since I sold my home theater setup and decided to buy a pair of decent floorstanders).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks