B&W 602s3 good for HT too?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertSchaez, Dec 4, 2002.

1. RobertSchaez

RobertSchaez Stunt Coordinator

It's been a while since I auditioned speakers, probably a couple years or so (never took the leap). At the time, I had narrowed my choice to Paradigm Studio60 and B&W DM 603s2. Now I am considering looking again, though my budget is a little less and am thinking of the DM 602s3 instead of the 603. I listen to 50/50 HT-music and wondered how the 602s3+matching DM series3 center were for HT (heard they were pretty sweet for music). How do they compare to Paradigm's similarly priced model? Oh, I am using a Yamaha RX-V3000 in a 15'X 20'X 10'room with a NHT SubOnei, eventually need surrounds too.
    Thanks!

2. GarySI

GarySI Stunt Coordinator

I have the 602S2's and I love them. I listen 70/30 music and, for the price you can't go wrong. I haven't heard the S3's but I think you should audition them. Later I purchased the CC6 center channel and a pair of 601's for the rears. Try them I think you'll love it.

3. Shane Wooten

Shane Wooten Extra

How do the B&W work for rock and pop?? They are great for Jazz, Classical, and Vocals.. and if that was all I listened too it would be an easy decision. They are awesome speakers

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I have a complete B&W 600 Series setup, including four 602's for the surround channels. IMO, they are a very versatile speaker. I listen to a wide range of music, including rock, jazz and classical. As for home theater performance... [​IMG]

5. RobertSchaez

RobertSchaez Stunt Coordinator

I feel a consensus building. Thanks everyone, I will definitely put them at the top of my list when I have time to audition.