What's new

B&W 601 S3 Recommendations (Advice) (1 Viewer)

Tina Ricsi

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
Just bought a nice Samsung Plasma 64 inch D8000 Series and decided to with the Samsung 7.2 3D Bluray With Receiver combo built in, very nice looking receiver they claim 840 W Total Power, who knows. The model is model HW-D7000 Specifications Features Crystal Amp Pro Audio Processing Dolby® Digital Dolby® Digital Plus Dolby® Pro Logic II Dolby® True HD Supported Media 3D Blu-ray Supported Media DVD / DVD±R / DVD±RW plus all the Samsung internet apps connects wifi. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-theater/HW-D7000/ZA I have a set of B&W 601 S3 using the Bi Amp mode on the receiver but I don' t have any other decent speakers for my surround sound. Soo here is my delema I got that receiver at a steal $200 so not sure If I should sell the receiver for around $400 or sell the receiver and the B&W speakers $800-$900 .. and get a new receiver and speakers for a full surround, or keep everything and get the matching B&W speakers, but it looks like they are hard to find and expensive $350 for the center B&W LCR 60 S3 only. If you do recommend I sell my setup, which home theater speaker setup would you recommend for around $1000. with sub $1200 max. would you reccommend Fluance Speakers ?????? Thanks guys...

Tina Ricsi

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
im thinking of going with onkyo receiver if I have to .. not sure if I should keep this one... and possibly one of the svs speaker packages..... any suggestion of what I should do

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The "all in one" units generally aren't very good, and Samsung isn't known for making the best Blu-ray players either. I'd get rid of it. The speakers you have are fine and I would say SVSs would be more of a lateral move. You could get a new front set of B&Ws and use the 601s as surrounds, or go with a complete package like the SVS packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks