What's new

B+w 600 series 3 or paradigm monitor 11 HELP!! (1 Viewer)

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
Now i have listened to them both on my same reciever a da4es
and they both sound great to me and i cant decide. the paradigms have way more bass and the overall feel is good and the b+W's have everything the paradigms dont
So i'm gonna leave it up to everyone with a vote since i cant go wrong eithor way as i figure it. So please tell me why i should choose the one you vote for. I can get them each for around $1300 cdn.

THANKS EVERYONE after a couple of days i will inform you of witch one you all picked for my new towers

RogerD

Auditioning
I would recommend going back for another listening session. I know that sounds simple, but it can take a few dealer visits to really get a feel for which set of speakers will sound best to you. It is entirely possible to switch preferences on subsequent visits. I would also consider Paradigm Reference studio 40's since they retail for about the same price as the 11's when you add stands. They are more accurate transducers. I personally never cared for the B&W sound but never go by what others think. Paradigm makes an excellent product and if you go that route, make sure you get the V3 monitor 11's since they recently updated the tweeter, midrange, front ported it, etc. Good luck!

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
I have actually went back 4 times listened to same songs on both and the 11's are v3 but the studio 40 with stands are 300 more and for that i could go with studio 60's but its just not in the cards DAMB. thanks for your advice

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
Going by my dealer's weak-sauce MSRP, the Monitor 11 retails for $1000/pair. The Studio/40s with the wood laminate sell for $900/pair. I believe you got the price for the wood veneer Studio 40s.

Nick V

Second Unit
You're getting ripped if you're paying $1300 for the 11's. I have the V2's (bought them before the V3's came out) and I payed $999 CDN including tax. I believe the retail price was around $1200-1250 back then. They went up a bit with the V3's, but no that much, so you should try to get a lower price if you choose the Monitor 11's.

BTW, if it were me, I'd try to swing some Studio 40's or 60's, even if it meant going without speakers for a few weeks/months. I bought my 11's about a year and a half ago, and I've regretted not getting the studio's ever since. I've since begun upgrading my speakers, but if you don't like upgrading, you might want to think about doing it right the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks