B&W 1NT speaker stand

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yoon Lee, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Yoon Lee

Yoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

Currently considering B&W 1NT for my surround, but $350 for a pair of stand simply sounds too much to me. Is there anyone out there who owns B&W 1NT and found an alternative speaker stand that doesn't cost much less? Call me ignorant, but paying $350 for a pair of metal tubes with base is not acceptable to me...

2. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

I agree. There are tons of speaker stands available. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find some suitable stands for less than $150.
    To get you started, check out Parts Express, Electroshops.com or Sanus. Also check out this thread:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=56509
    I use the Sanus Natural foundations on my CDM1NTs (as mains though). The wood looks great with my entertainment center but they're not the fillable kind.
    Bob

3. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Yoon, My B&W dealer also sells Paradigm speakers and Premier (by Paradigm) stands. The Premier stands look as good with the B&W's as they do with the Paradigm's. I have my B&W 602S2's sitting on Premier J50's. They are 20 1/2" tall, and put my tweeters at a perfect 38 1/2" height (EXACTLY my ear height while sitting). The J60's are 26" tall. The J series is tubular, with three columns supporting the baseplate for the speaker. Both the columns and the bottom of the stands are sand-fillable. I paid $170 for my J50's, and couldn't recommend them more strongly. They are extremely stable, with a wide bottom. You can go to the Premier website to see them or download the PDF for the J series
    Good luck to you!
    Pete

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I'm kind of partial to these, and have been considering them. Simple, fillable, and not too ugly or expensive.

5. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Those do look good John! The price is good also.

Pete

6. John Garcia

John
    I'm using S series stands right now, but they are not easily fillable, which is why I am considering those from PE (plus I have a coupon from them for discounted shipping right now [​IMG] ).

7. Yoon Lee

Yoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

BTW if you buy a stand from other manufacture, how do you make sure the screw hole on the stand fits with your speaker? Otherwise, the speaker will be just sitting on the stand and someone may knock it over...

8. John Garcia

John
    I've never screwed my speakers to the stand, and I've been using stands for more than 10 years. Only in one instance, and it was fairly extreme, did I have a speaker get knocked off.
    That's what Blu-tac is for [​IMG]