B&O's Beovision 4

Discussion in 'Displays' started by SteveRo, Jan 16, 2006.

1. SteveRo

SteveRo Auditioning

May 1, 2005
    new to digital terminology etc. looking at plasma TVs/monitors

i have a chance to get an incredible deal on a 50 inch B&O Beovision 4 plasma TV, but i have a couple of concerns:

it really is only a monitor with 2 VGA inputs. do i need HDMI? i'm planning on getting a comcast HD cable box for my signal anyway.

i have a Onkyo TX-NR801 receiver which coax, S video, and optical DV in and out.

will these two components (HD cable box and my Onkyo receiver be enough to enjoy excellent home theater and HD TV?

DVD player: Onkyo DV-DP702

2. JohnMR

JohnMR Agent

Dec 10, 2001
    The B&O is a rebaged Panasonic commercial unit with a custom screen coating. It is ment to be used with the media box / scaler they sell. I think you would better off with the comercial Panasonic. You can add HDMI / DVI and alot more using "blades". My main plasma is a Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK with a DVI balde. I use a DVDO IScan HD scaler hooked via DVI. I feed the scaler a HD PVR through DVI and a Denon SDI moded DVD player to the optional SDI input. The results are AWESOME and at a fraction of the cost of the B&O. PM or E-mail me if you need more help.