What's new

B L O W - Infinifilm (1 Viewer)

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
I was posting this to see if other members have also noticed this problem.
At 1:25:02 into the feature a rather noticeable video anamoly can be seen, alot of blocking appears.
The reason I mention the time precisely is because this has happened in the exact same place on both my initial copy and the one which it was exchanged for.
It also happened on both of my players as well. I'm using Sony's DVP-NS700P, and DVP-S330 models.
Can anyone explain this, is it a faulty batch of discs???
Kenshiro's DVD Collection

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Hi, Ken and welcome to The Forum. :)
I just got home from the video store where I rented BLOW this evening. I'm gonna watch it and I'll post if I notice anything.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
By coincidence, we just finished watching BLOW. I thought the image was flawless and no anamolies such as described here (or any others) were seen. Good movie.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Just finished watching BLOW. No problems found. I viewed it using a Toshiba 5109.
Ken, what you are describing is pixellation (sp?). I do not know why it happened there. Apparently, your player didn't like something at that point, however I have no clue as to what.
I thought the image was pretty good and the audio was excellent. I do not normally bother with special features, so I cannot comment on those, as I have not looked at them. My only real complaint with the disc was the layer change was in a rather akward spot. I believe it could have been put somewhere less noticable.
The movie itself was entertaining enough to keep my attention, which is hard to accomplish.
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection
[Edited last by Clinton on September 14, 2001 at 11:57 PM]

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the exact same thing at the exact same time and just verified with slow-mo!!!!
I thought it was just my disc, but apparently I'm not the only one. The layer change was elsewhere and it was noticeable so I figured it was dust or something in this scene. Apparently there is a flaw with this disc.
DVD Player: RP91K

Jeff

Supporting Actor
It's there. People just aren't seeing it. It happens really fast at the end of a scene on the left side of the screen.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread