What's new

B&K's new Ref50? (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I've heard some buzz about the new Ref50 that's supposed to be out soon. Anyone have any particulars i.e. features, connections, price? Maybe even what the upgrade is gonna cost for the Ref30?

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I'd like to know as well. The Ref30 has been out for a long time, and its high time an update is released.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
The info I have is the following:

Different face plate (look), be TRULY balanced in all channels using the latest DAC's and processors and have all the toys and an additional component video input. The width will be the same but the height will be about 2.X inches higher.

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I stopped by a local Hifi store today and they said the list is gonna be somewhere around $3900-$4000! I hope the upgrade for the Ref30 isn't going to be the difference in list price...$1100-$1200 OUCH!! Of course if the chasis is bigger because of the balanced ins and outs I don't see how they could upgrade the Ref30 to a full blown Ref50.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Looks like they wanna compete with the big boys(Aragon Stage One, Tag McLaren AV32Rbp192, Krell Showcase, EAD TheaterMaster Ovation), and skipping the Anthem AVM20 market altogether...

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Looks like they wanna compete with the big boys(Aragon Stage One, Tag McLaren AV32Rbp192, Krell Showcase, EAD TheaterMaster Ovation), and skipping the Anthem AVM20 market altogether...
Yeah. But I think it's a mistake. There are alot more people in the $2000-$3000 market than the $4000-$5000 market. Maybe they will have a Ref40 coming out also that would stay in the "meat and potatoes" range.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I agree, it's odd they would go further 'upscale' -especially when they have their high-end brand (Gucci?) coming out soon.

Why price your entry level stuff closer to the newer, higher end stuff?

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Of course this is all speculation at best. We really won't know what the deal is until B&K themselves release the info on the new products. I mean it could be that the info I got was on the Gucci line piece?

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
I heard the new B&K models are going to have this new audio CODEC called Dolby ProLogic II. I can't wait...
:p)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
That would make sense for there to be a Ref40. I sure hope you're right! A $200 upgrade would be much easier to swallow!

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Brian.. I would not bet my life on it, but the source I have is fairly reliable. Two months is the time frame also. I've heard nothing about upgrade information from previous models.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Yes. LATE September. I should have been clearer in my previous post. Perhaps October when it might be available for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks