B&K's Gucchi line

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yogi, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Any news about the Gucchi line?

According to my salesman at Tweeter, this line will give the Mark Levinson line a run for its money.

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Never heard of this line before,can you enlight me[us] on this?

3. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Wasn't that last season's line?

4. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

I believe it's Gucci, and it's a rumoured very highend line from B&K -- I did not hear anything from them on it at CEDIA, we'll see what announcements (if any) they have at CES.

Regards,

5. Jay_H

Jay_H Auditioning

Gucci as in Tom Ford, Gancini-bit loafers Gucci? Some sort of co-branding deal?

Odder things have happened (Gucci sells massage tables and motorcycle helmets right now), but that would be odd, indeed.

Then again, the WAF for a preamp and amp covered in interlocking "GG"'s would be hard to beat....

Peace,

Jay

6. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Ok, guess I'll never make it to the spelling bee contest. The dealer told me the other day (exactly like this):
    Me: Aren't you guys going to start carrying Krell in the near future?
    Salesman: Yeah thats just a rumor. You see Krell is so common, I mean every other small exclusive mom and pop dealer carries Krell so we decided against it.
    Me: So then B&K will be your high end line?
    Salesman: Well you know what, B&K is stepping into truly high-end audio with its Gucci line of components. You have heard of the Mark Levinson ref 40 processor?
    Me: Yeah.
    Salesman: Well B&K is coming out with a competing product that will only cost $15K compared to ML.
    Me: [​IMG] (holding on to the counter with both hands as I get weak in the knees) Wow!
    Salesman: Well you see the president of B&K called a meeting of his best engineers and designers and told them: "I am going to free you all of all cost restraints and what I want is for you to design the best top-of-the-line components that can compete with the best out there"
    Me:[​IMG]
    Salesman: Yeah I know.
    Me: Well I cant wait to hear them.
    Salesman: me neither. Right now the designs are in the works so no one knows when they will be out.
    Me:[​IMG]
    So I thought someone here might know more than that and thats the reason for my post. If its true, I cant wait to lay my eyes and ears on it, and sometime in the very distant future (like, in the next life time), even my hands on it.

7. Gifford L

Gifford L Agent

Yes but it will not be available until next year. It will be a cost no object design but not in the 15k range. More like the 7k range featuring a full dual differential design with multiple processors offering much more in the room correction department. The amps will be digital. The chassis will also be greatly enhanced looking more like your typical Krell, Mark Levinson type stuff.

8. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

9. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter