1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

B&KAVR507 vs denon5803, pioneer 49txi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NormanB, Nov 23, 2002.

1. NormanB

NormanB Auditioning

with a 7.2 home theater set up a friend suggested the avr507. i am wondering how it compares to the 5803,49txi and even marantz's sr9200 or maybe i should go with outlaw

2. Todd_Petersen

Todd_Petersen Stunt Coordinator

I would like the same question answered if anyone knows.

3. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I had a Denon 5803 for 6 months. Just traded it in for a Ref50 (same processor as the 507). I'm happy i made the switch. [​IMG]

4. Alan_C

Alan_C Auditioning

I had a B&K AVR 307 and recently upgraded to the 507. Over the last year I did an A/B between the 307 and Denon 5800. On HT it was a wash but on music I preferred the 307, hands-down. I listened to the Marantz 9200, the Rotel 1066 and their matching 5 channel amps (2, one w/100w x 5 and the other w/200 x 5). I still preferred the sound of the 307 and I believe the 507 is a good improvement over the 307. On both music and movies there seems to be more detail, depth. I have watched Sting's Brand New Day, Hell Freezes Over and Supernatural on DVD and the music sounded outstanding. I have watched bits and pieces of some of my favorite action flicks (U571, Gladiator, The Matrix, Fifth Element, Tomorrow Never Dies) and it lit up my speakers and subwoofer. I watch all my TV (directv) through the B&K in DPLII. It sounds great, especially on football games or some of the sci fi shows. In 2 channel stereo the music is warm and sounds very natural. I have not programmed the remote, which is an MX700 and will replace my Marantz MK 2000 (which is a great learning remote). The MX700 comes w/sw and the appropriate cables for connection to the computer. I borrowed a laptop from a friend and I hope to hook it up and program it this weekend. Hope this helps. I am obviously a fan of this line. I have the silver faceplate and I am told it is aluminum (it is brushed) and looks very good.

5. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

You are the first person I have heard of having one.[​IMG]
    A friend of mine pre-ordered one through his brother-inlaw who works for a HT company and they haven't received any yet. Glad to hear that it is great so far.
    Matt