What's new

B&K Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Raffi A

Grip
I just purchased a B&K AVR 305 Receiver. I did alot of shopping around and it basically came down to the B&K's upgradeability.

I was going to go with separated but what I wanted:

Rotel 1095 AMP and B&K ref 30 Pre-amp/Processor was going to set me back $4500.

The AVR 305 is essentially the ref 30 plus a 5 channel 150 watt amplifier. So I said screw it, I'll go with the receiver and if in the future I want more power I can get a great 2 channel amp for the front speakers. Also the AVR 305 was just $2400, compared to the $4500 as previously stated.

Has anyone heard any feedback on when the latest upgrades to the B&K Products (DPL II, etc...) will be available?

BTW. I am thoroughly in love with my new system. I just watched Star Wars and Gladiator and I am in love. My brother in law was over (An unfortunate sucker to bose marketing) and his jaw was just open to the floor.

Also, Big props to this site. This site blows away AudioReview.com. Job well done to the designers and the knowlageable members of all the groups.

My System:

Receiver: B&K AVR 305

Fronts: Paradigm Ref Studio 60 v2

Center: Paradigm Ref Studio CC

Surrounds: Paradigm Ref Studio ADP

Sub: Paradigm PW2200

DVD: Sony 9000

Speaker Cable: Audioquest

brian a

Second Unit
Last time I talked to them about the upgrade for the Ref 30, about a week ago, they said that they didn't have timeframe set for the upgrade yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks