What's new

B&K Surround hook-up question (1 Viewer)

John-e-s

Auditioning
I have purchased a B&K AVR307, with Def Tech Power Towers (BP2002TL) as my fronts, a Def Tech clr2002 center channel, Def Tech BP2X rears, and Def Tech Rear center 2300 (also with powered sub). My room is medium sized, probably 18 by 12. My question is, how do I hook up a rear center channel to the 307? Should I use one of the surround channels (since the rear surrounds will be used by the BP2Xs)? Should I return the rear center and just purchase two rear surrounds and use the BP2Xs as rt and lt surround and have six speakers? Also, should I rig the towers to receive the subwoofer info? After reading some of the messages last night, I may have been smarter to buy the non-powered towers and a separate sub. But how about doing that high pass thing (setting the fronts to small and adding a sub for movies), and then setting the fronts to large for music? What should I do with the powered sub rear center channel? Set it up as a small? I have e-mailed B&K but have not had a response as yet (I may try the phone help). Thanks again. John

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
2 rear surrounds so you can take full advantage of a unique feature to B&K;

1.)surround 5 side

2.)surround 5 back (use direct radiators even though bi-poles everywhere else)

3.) surround 7 (both sides and back)

4.) surround 6 (ex matrix dd & dts -both rears play)

I have this set-up and LOVE IT!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks