What's new

B&K Sound CSC-1 Center Channel (1 Viewer)

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
Thoughts on the Crites CSC-1 Center Channel Speaker by B&Ksound

The build is solid and the pattern of the build is similar to the Klipsch RC-7, with bigger drivers and front instead of rear ports. The speaker comes unfinished without a grill, but you can purchase the grill and speaker cloth to cover it.

The speaker does sound very good, they did a great job with the speaker. When I spoke with Mr. Crites, I expressed my desire to match the klipsch Forte 3 Timbre and he assured me he felt it would at least the Timbre of a 2, but he had not listened to a 3. I previously had an RF, RC, RS-7 series for a number of years. Switching over to the heritage line improved my sound greatly, but drove me crazy because the RC-7 simply does not sound like the Forte... at all. So, I have been using a Klipsch Heresy 1 which matches flawlessly but my wife strongly dislikes it in any configuration.

I determined I would make a center channel from the Heresy that would be more wife friendly, but as the reality came closer, it became more evident that it would not provide the size satisfaction she was looking for. Back to the drawing board.

The CSC-1 is not a Heresy in terms of flawless and seamless Timbre matching, but my goodness it is very, very good, (in a limited sample of live, and surround music so far). I just wanted to say I am finally happy with the center channel in my system that is not a Heresy. Most importantly, my wife is much happier. Once I get this veneered and stained to match the Forte with the grill on, I will be out of the audio dog house completely.

Because the speaker is 6 ohms versus 8 ohms, I did have to adjust the center channel back quite a bit, but, I don't see that as an issue.

I was a bit unsure if I am honest because as much as I tried to find others talking about the CSC-1, I found zero. Not even any for sale on eBay or Craigslist. But, it's all good.

Attachments

• IMG_3932.jpg
    IMG_3932.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_3931.jpg
    IMG_3931.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_3928.jpg
    IMG_3928.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3929.jpg
    IMG_3929.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 387

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.