What's new

B&K Reference 50 Should I get it ! Or (1 Viewer)

Mike Peveler

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking of getting a Ref 50 to replace my Pioneer VSX 49 TX and would like any feedback on a possible upgrade. Right now I use the Pioneer as a preamp with a B&K Reference 7270, I have the full Paradigm studio setup including studio 40's 20's adp's cc, and servo 15. I was just wondering what differences I might hear if any. Please let me know what you think any pros or cons. I must make a decision by 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Thanks to any and all who reply.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mike,

I guess you've got everyone scratching their heads wondering "why pitch a 49TX for a Ref50"?

Both are excellent units with very litte to differentiate themselves as pre/pros. Best advice I can come up is to hold tight and wait on the next generation of processors/receivers that may include 1394 iLink, DVI switching, integrated viewscreens, etc. BTW, your 49TX can be upgraded to the 49TXi for $500. Search around for the particulars. Good luck.

Austin

ErichH

Screenwriter
Interesting that you'd even compare a Pioneer receiver to a B&K pre. Especially if you're using a power amp outside the receiver.

Guess you have my opinion now.

E

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Mike,

I thought I would add to your post again with a thread from the AVS forum. It's a spirited discussion to say the least. :D

The Anthem and the BK product you're considering are different, but similar. It all comes down to personal preference of course. Auditioning the two together would make the decision much easier of course and then taking into consideration utilized functions, the blending of components and cash flow.

Grab a cup of coffee if you are interested in reading this. :D

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ghlight=anthem

Mike Peveler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your replys, Austin to answer your question I believe there is value in a dedicated preamp. I wasn't really interested until a local dealer offered me the unit at a great price and 22 months no interest to boot, which makes it all the more interesting

Well guys I am on the way to pick up the unit, I will post my thoughts later this weekend or early next week. Is anybody interested in a VSX 49 TX for $1300 if so send me a pm.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Gotcha, Mike. If they're givin' 'em away, that's a different story! You're going to love the 50 - it's really a nice unit.

Austin

Kenneth Ho

Auditioning
Mike, how much did you get the Ref 50 for? do you have the site to your local dealer? I am interested in their 22 months interest free promotion. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks