What's new

B&K ref30 v. B&K AVR307 (1 Viewer)

Mike Mitrook

Agent
I have the opportunity to purchase either a B&K ref30 (open box) and/or a B&K AVR 307 (new in box) from a B&M at a great price. Does anyone know if there is any difference on the processor end of the ref30 v. the AVR307? I know the ref50 and 5 series AVR are out of my price range.

I'm a long time Rotel and NAD fan/user but I've been thinking about making a change (always liked the B&K product as well. The main reason for upgrading is to have a system in the family room that's easier for the rest of the family to use (instead of the daisy-chained mutilple prepros and amps and receiver (for second zone) I'm currently running). My wonderful wife has also agreed to a dedicated HT in the new house (will be done next month).

Looking forward to your thoughts, comments & suggestions.
Mike

Mike Mitrook

Agent
Thanks for the info Donnie. So is the AVR307 worth $1700 plus the $500 to $800 for the upgrade? The ref30 would be $1200. A great deal less than the ref50 or the AVR507.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Personally I would go for the Ref. 30, but that's because I prefer separates. You'd also wind up with essentially a Reference 50 minus balanced inputs if you should have it upgraded. However, your still going to need amplification which will add to the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks