B&K Ref 7270 amp ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AntonS, Mar 4, 2002.

1. AntonS

AntonS Stunt Coordinator

Anybody heard this amp? Any comments?

I've never had experience with B&K amps. How do they compare to Rotel or Parasound amps in general?

2. Rusty J.

Rusty J. Agent

Mr. AntonS: I think that if you do a search on this amplifier, you can find alot of posts on its' performance. There might even still be one for sale on the HTF for sale section.

3. AntonS

AntonS Stunt Coordinator

Searhcing was the first thing I tried to do, but probably becase the database was lost after the recent server crash, the search did not return anything.
    So it's a good opportunity to write some comments and add information to the database for this amp [​IMG]

4. JackIR

JackIR Stunt Coordinator

I've owned my 7270 for about four months now. I believe for my purposes 50% movies / 50% movies its a perfect amp. B&K make high quality equipment and this amp has a great deal of impact but can be very subtle if needed. It drives my Revel speaker quite easily.

5. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

Rusty,
    I don't think I've read very much about this amplifier here on HTF...I think it is relatively new (6 months or [​IMG] ) I'm curious about its performance as well. There have been many comments on the 7250, but I haven't heard much on the newer 7260 and 70...
    Jeremy

6. Noah

Noah Agent

I work at a home theater shop, and we recently added B&K to our lineup. First impressions are very impressive--solid build, power to spare, warm clean sound. Made in the USA by hand...highly recommended. Other lines include Bryston, Sunfire, Marantz and Yamaha, and I put the B&K above all but Bryston. Good luck!

7. Noah

Noah Agent

Sorry for shouting--my javascript is ailing!

8. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

noah how much do you sell the 7270 for i have seen it on line for 2200us

9. JoshuaLehman

JoshuaLehman Auditioning

I have found a source for the 7270 at pretty close to cost. Full warranty. Email me at [email protected] and I'll pass on the info to you.