What's new

B&K Ref 7250 Buzz, need help (1 Viewer)

Jeff Courcelle

Auditioning
About a month ago I noticed that I was getting line noise in my right front and center channels. The noise is best described as a buzz, and is most pronounced in the tweeters of my B&W Nautilus 803's. The buzz seems volume independent (with no signal coming from the processor the buzz does not change with volume levels).

This past weekend we unhooked all components and power sources for my setup, save the 7250. We then isolated each wire run so each set had a clean path to the speaker, then powered on the amp with no inputs or any other equipment running. The result - line buzz in the right front and center channel. As a last verification we switched speakers and wires, and got the same result: the buzz is coming from the amp itself .

A friend of mine suggested that maybe one of the MOSFET's was going.

Has anyone had any experience with a problem like this?
Is this something that can be fixed or should I be in the market for a new amp?
Could this be damaging my speakers or is it ok to watch films?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jeff

Unfortunately, B&K makes more problem pieces than most. Hum and buzz are very often the problem. Check out the thread by StephenRabinowitz. He has had problems with 3 out of 4 B&K products.

I would think this could be fixed but sometimes you can get a piece that just won't work right. I would still recommend that you get it fixed and go from there, unless money is not a concern. If you have the bucks and don't want to be bothered with repairs, by all means get something else. If I'm not mistaken the 7250 is an expensive amp. But if you are not rich, try to get it fixed.

Artie

randy bessinger

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't B&K have a 5 year warranty? I would contact them by phone as I have found them to be very helpful. Don't use email however, as they don't respond to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks