B&K ref 50- setting up tuner presets

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by anth_c, Jun 14, 2003.

1. anth_c

anth_c Stunt Coordinator

Have finally gotten around to finishing the setup of my ref 50. How do I program AM/FM tuner presets?

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. Dean Arizona

Dean Arizona Agent

Hi Anthony,

I posted the exact same question several weeks ago so I understand your confusion. Despite a number of views I received no responses from the forum membership so maybe it is just you and me...Anyway, the B&K Ref 50 manual does leave a lot to be desired with it comes to explaining how to set up the FM station presets. However, fumbling with the remote for an hour or so I finally worked through the process. Isn't that always the case?

Make sure that the remote is in B&K mode. Select "FM" and page forward to page three. This page has the "Save" function (bottom left corner of the LCD). This is how you'll save your FM presets. Go to "main" on the remote and select "menu" then go into the zone one operation. Select "FM" and manually tune in your first station preset (I bet you got this far on your own). It's best to follow the steps by visually following the menu processes on your TV or monitor. Using the remote, hit the "save" button discussed above. You'll see the "FM" station you tuned in light up. Hit "save" or "enter" again and the preset is established. This process will override the "favorites" preset established at the factory. Next, tune in your second station and repeat the steps. Make sure to designate each preset with ascending numbers or your just be changing the same preset (you'll do this when the station is first high-lited).

Good luck. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. [​IMG]

3. anth_c

anth_c Stunt Coordinator

Dean,

Thanks for the reply! The otherwise excellent B&K manual does need to be updated. Anyway, I ended up going about it a different way. I installed the B&K software, created the presets on my computer, then uploaded this configuration to the B&K preamp. I then used the B&K software for the remote to reprogram the buttons.

Anthony

4. Roger Kaufmann

Roger Kaufmann Stunt Coordinator

I use my remote for doing everything therefore I rarely if ever physically touch my Ref 50. Because of this I thought some might like to know how to program their MX700 to get the station presets in.

First make a list of the tuner channels you want, for example KFRC = 99.7, KBLX = 102.9 etc.

Below are the steps I took to program my channels:

1. Start MX Editor
    2. Click on Main twice (the second time is for insurance)
    3. Click on "FM"
    4. Click the button you want to program (I suggest the empties on page 1, 2, 3 or 4)
    5. Name the button by opening the Edit & Label Buttons window and entering station call letters("KFRC, KBLX etc...)in the button name box and clicking on "Save" once you have your name input.
    6. Start macro by clicking on "Record Button" in the Macro & Favorite window. Then click "FM" once, and enter station numbers (99.7, 102.9, etc...) Then click on enter button(lower right hand corner of remote) and finally click on "Save" in the Macro & Favorite window.
    7. Repeat steps 4-6 until you input all your stations and then download file into your remote.

Once you understand it it's pretty simple.