1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

B&K - how's the customer service?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hap C, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Hap C

Hap C Agent

I'm still pondering which processor to get, looking at the Rotel RSP-1066, the B&K Ref 50 (possibly a leftover Ref 30) and the Sunfire III. I was leaning towards the B&K, but had a couple of questions the dealer couldn't answer. So, I emailed B&K several times through the link on their net site, and have received no response or acknowledgement whatsoever. It's like driving golf balls off into the fog. The lack of response made me wonder about the level and quality of B&K's customer service, so I thought I'd check to see if any B&K owners in this forum have had to deal with B&K via email or otherwise, and, if so, what was your experience.

BTW, emails to Rotel and Sunfire brought same day responses, and I guess the contrast is what made the B&K lack of response stand out as a potential problem.

Thanks.

2. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

The email at B&K(from what I have read) is not good. Call them, and they are supposed to be great.
    By the way, I just picked up my REF 50, and it is wonderful. If there are any questions you have, feel free to contact me via email. I will try my best to answer them[​IMG]
    Fred

3. Hap C

Hap C Agent

Thanks, Fred. Are you switching any HD sources through the Ref 50, and if so, have you noticed any signal degradation? And, how's the new style remote working out? Is the signal strong? Which amp are you using with it, and what speakers are you driving? Thanks.

Hap

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Hap,
    I use the component switching via my Ref50 (HDTV & DVD) and it is flawless. At 100Mhz bandwidth, it's absolutely no problem. The SR 10.1 remote (MX-700) is hands down the best remote i have ever used. Totally customizable. If you need any questions at all answered by B&K, call their 800# and ask for tech support. You'll be connected to Jerry or George within less than 1 minute. These guys are great. They know the gear inside and out and will go way outta their way to make sure you get your questions answered. That's been my experience.
    Edited to add speakers and amp i use:
    PSB Stratus Silveri main's,Stratus C6i cc,Image 10S surround's & B&K Ref200.5 amplifier (5 X 200).

5. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

Hap,

Chip hit the nail on the head for the first two questions. The video switching is great, and the remote is seriously the best I have ever used.I have no problems ata ll with the signal. I am using a Sherbourn 5/1500A(5x200), and I am using a Paradigm Reference setup(100's, 20's, CC).

6. Brian Treinen

Brian Treinen Stunt Coordinator

I don't have any experience with the pre/pro you're talking about but I do have quite a bit with their CS. You're right, email is NOT the way to get hold of them unless you're looking for literature on their products. Underneath the email form on thier page you'll notice they say if you have questions about their products you should call. When you do they are fantastic! I've been looking for a used stereo preamp and had some questions on a couple of 10-15 years out of production peices. I talked to one of the people who helped design one I was looking at, another who helped talk me through differences between theirs and a couple of other brands I was looking at and finally another who emailed me a .pdf copy of the manual and looked up a serial number and history of a piece. I also emailed them once and have yet to get a reply! They are some of the best at CS I've seen - as long as you call them.

7. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Top notch customer service. But dont e-mail them just call them and talk to them personally and they will answer any and all questions you have and infact bring out issues that you probably didnt ask and knew existed. Very honest and prompt customer service.