What's new

B & K AVR507 S1 Receiver - Powerful and Impressive! (1 Viewer)

DUCK

Grip
Real Name
Walt
I have a B & K AVR507 series 1 (S1) receiver for sale that is in very good (7 out of 10) condition. If you are checking out this listing then you most likely already know the excellent reputation this B & K receiver has! It truly has an impressive, powerful sound when connected to some good speakers.

I picked up this wonderful receiver used about six months ago, and even though I may be making a mistake I have decided since we (the family and I) use our home theater system for predominantly TV and movies that it is time for a HDMI capable receiver. I have also recently picked up a PS3 which gives us three HDMI sources (PS3, HD DVD player, and cable/DVR), hence the need for a receiver with multiple HDMI connections.

This B & K AVR507 has some smudges, small scratches, and normal signs of wear. I have come across one small operating “glitch” with this AVR507. It occasionally “freezes up”… meaning every once in a while (very infrequently) the unit will get stuck on whichever source (input) and volume it is on at that specific time. It still operates fine it just gets stuck. It is simple to unfreeze by shutting down the unit with the master power button, waiting a few seconds, and then powering back up like normal. Otherwise as previously mentioned this powerful receiver operates and performs extremely well. If it were not for the need of HDMI connections I would be keeping this receiver.

If you are considering the series 2 (S2) AVR507 from my understanding the only differences are the S1 version:
1. Does not transcode video inputs to component video.
2. Does not have the newest DPIIx sound processing. (Does DD, THX, DTS-EX and etc).
3. Has 1 vs. 3 notch parametric room equalization.

These differences were not important to me when I bought the series 1 AVR507, especially considering the price difference... as always though we each have to consider our individual priorities. You can buy with confidence by checking out my ebay feedback under "pcduckware" or at Audiogon under "wpduck".

This receiver does not come with the original remote control or packaging. It includes a power cord and (online) printed manual. Rest assured with or without the original box I always package thoroughly. The $1,300 asking price includes any PayPal fees, but shipping and insurance is additional. To estimate shipping the receiver weighs 55 lbs., the box will be about 22 x 24 x 18, and it will be shipped from 33073. The shipping and insurance cost will probably be about $50 to $60. I will gladly send pictures via e-mail upon request. Let me know if you have any questions and as always have a great day! :)

DUCK

Grip
Real Name
Walt
*** PRICE REDUCTION ***
$1,199

Plus shipping/insurance (estimate about $50) - PayPal fees included in asking price

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks