What's new

B&K AVR-507: pop noise @ all channels? (1 Viewer)

Eric Lo

Agent
Just got the B&K AVR-507 and mated it with my Infinity Overture 2s, CC-3 center channel, QPS-1 surround speakers. I like the sound but there is one thing that really annoys me.
When the unit is turned on from sleep mode to on mode, in addition to the internal switch click sound, all channels/speakers give a little pop sound, regardless of the unit's volume level (yes, even at -96db) and regardless of my source is turned on or off (in my case, it's my sole DVD player). Even my 15-year-old Yamaha AX-500 two-channel integrated amplifier doesn't give out the pop noise.
I wonder if anyone with AVR-507 has the same experience. Does anyone know that if it happens to all units? Or, there is something defective on my unit? I have called B&K and at least they think that it doesn't sound normal to them...
-- Eric :confused:

Eric Lo

Agent
Though there seems to be quite a number of B&K Ref50 or AVR-507 owners, I haven't any insights about this subject. I take that I have a defective unit and I should go for exchange?
-- Eric :confused:

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
The pop sound is a trademark of B&K.

I have the Ref 50, and at first I worried too. There is a benefit to the sound quality by not introducing a noise filter into the equation. I have been told this by several people on the forums.

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks