What's new

B&k Avr 505/507 (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Can any owners of these receivers chime in on their thoughts, likes and or dislikes of them? Is the 505 the same as the 507 but with only 5 channels of amplification? Is B&K well regarded as a company?

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
The 505 offers 5 channels at 150 watts, and the 507 offers 7 channels at 150 watts. The number of channels is the only difference.

Both ulitize Motorola's 56367 decoding chip, which is excellent. I have listened to the older 307 and was impressed. The newer receivers are supposed to sound even better, but I have not personally auditioned them.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Dave Ma,
I can get a 507 for $2600. I know I can pick up a Rotel separate setup (1066 pre + 1075 amp) for $2100. Just about the same price for an Outlaw combo too. I've read too much about Rotel's bass problems, which are still not resolved. Outlaw seems to have had some problems in the past, not too sure about the current stuff. Though I have read that Outlaw has its ouwn set of bass management problems, but they "sort of" fixed it. I haven't read anything negative about the B&K in my research though. Too many decisions.

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
Staying around the $3K mark can get you entry-level separates (Rotel, Adcom, Parasound, Outlaw, ETC), which would all be good choices. But, whether or not those separates sounded better or worse than the 505/507 would be a personal opinion.

Take a listen to products you are interested in and you'll decide what you like. The 505 and 507 are fine machines!

Check out www.audioreview.com and sort products by catagory, then price, to find products within your price range.

James

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you get that price? Anyway I have that Rotel combo and have no complants about the bass issue. I have seen others complain about other Manufactures bass problems Just take it with a grain of salt. I have no complants with the Rotel and love the free upgrades that you will not get for free with B&K. But B&K makes great stuff, just a little to plain jane for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks