1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

B&K AVR-307. Great Deal!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Nelson, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Agent

Unusual situation, but great opportunity. A good friend of mine is the owner of a Home Theater Store where I worked for 4 years. He recently took home a new B&K AVR-307 receiver (black finish)to try out at home. After two months, he liked it so much he ordered himself one with a gold faceplate. The black one is repacked in the factory box. Since it has never been sold thru the store (and was effectively a "demo" unit)he is willing to sell it with a store receipt and full warranty.
    It lists for $3495. He will sell it for $2650.00 and will pay shipping anywhere in the continental US.
    I would love to own this puppy myself, but can't come up with the money.
    This is not a "store" ad. I'm just trying to pass on a good opportunity to my friends @ HTF from another friend. I hope this does not violate forum rules, and will gladly pull the post if it does.
    Contact me for details.
    MTN

2. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Mark, did you happen to go to school in Utah, I had a friend with your name that use to live in Utah and was "into" audio. Is that you, or someone else??

3. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Agent

Rodney
    Sorry guy, I never attended school in Utah, although I have friends there and have even installed A/V systems in various homes around that great state.
    As I get older I run into other Mark Nelson clones all the time. There is even a Mark Nelson weatherman on one of our local TV stations here in Portland. And all this time I thought I was unique.
    MTN
    P.S. I'm amazed that there has been so little interest in this B&K receiver. It's got to be one of the three best sounding receivers in existence.

4. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Agent

Any interest in this US made receiver with upgradeability and a great price?
    MTN

5. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

the reason I thought that it could be the Mark I knew was b/c he used to work at a local dealer that his brother owns. oh, well. good luck selling the b&k it is a nice piece.

6. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Agent

No interest so far Rodney.
    [Edited last by Mark Nelson on July 29, 2001 at 12:51 AM]