What's new

B&K AVP4090 Pre/Pro tweak: Need help! (1 Viewer)

Rizal Malik

Auditioning
This is on the B&K AVP4090 pre/pro.
My friend opened up his pre/pro last week, and changed the capacitors, diodes, bridge rectifier and voltage regulators on the power supply section. However as soon as he recconnected to CDP and amplifier, fired it up, there isn't any sound coming from all the speakers. :angry:

We've checked the individual components installed and looked to be OK. Regulators are outputting 5, 15, -15VDC similar to the previous components. Capacitors also have voltage readings across them, which should be OK. All the new components have similar specifications as with the originally installed components.

We did test tones and sources from CD player (digital and analog inputs), but still there isn't any sound from the speakers.

Has something short out? No burn smell so far, and front panel display is normal. We desperately need help to find out whats wrong with this thing. If the components are similar, then everything should be OK, but it isn't.

Thanks in advance for any tips/ help...

Rizal

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
*sniff-sniff*

What's that smell? Oh, that's just the smell of his warranty going up in smoke. ;) Heheh, little joke there.

I have a good grasp of basic electronics and troubleshooting, but this is WAY beyond basic. Good luck.

I hear the Denon 3803 is a "best buy" these days. *hint-hint*

Rizal Malik

Auditioning
Yeah yeah, it is funny considering the warranty period is probably long expired.

So, besides tossing the pre/pro and getting the Denon, any other ideas on how to find out whats wrong with the thing?

No shorts so far..

;) rizal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks