B&K AV 5000 series 2 5 channel amplifier

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Serge Breton, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

Oops, typo in the thread title. It should read B&K AV5000 Series 2 amplifer[​IMG] Flawless condition with black brushed aluminum faceplate, this amp is rated at 125 watts into each channel. Sparingly used in my home theater and i am selling since i have recently decided to tone down a bit.
    This amp is very neutral with a warm sonic quality difficult to find in SS gear. Highly regarded/reviewed amp which has also won two Home Theater Magazine amp shootouts!
    [​IMG]
    Description
    The B&K AV5000 series II provides a hefty 125 watts per channel into all five channels. Frequency Response: 5-45kHz. Dampening Factor (50Hz): 150. Input Sensitivity: 1.0V. Input Impedance (ohms): 33.2k. IM Distortion (SMPTE): .09%. Power Rating: 8 ohms 125W per channel, 4 ohms 185W per channel. Slew Rate: 14v/┬Ás. Amperage (peak-to-peak) per Channel: 30. Signal to Noise Ratio, A Weighted: 90dB. Level Controls: Yes.
    5-12 volt trigger:yes
    The Amp is in excellent condition. rating 9/10
    Retail: $1300
    sell: $595 OBO which is less than $1 per watt!

2. Dereck Graefer

Serge, Is that $595 Canadian?

3. Justin Gates

Justin Gates Agent

I am very interested. I would also like to know if your asking price is in Canadian funds?

4. Serge Breton

guys,

At a $1950CAN price tag new do you guys think i would be selling for $595CAN? This would make this amp the bargain of the century which you'll never see until many years down the road. Canadian price is $915 + shipping. Lessthan half off for 125 watts x 5, full gaincontrols and 5-12volt triggers that allow you to turn the amplifier on when turning on your preamp or processor.

5. Serge Breton

Ok,

i'll play nice. A couple of nibbles but no bites. This is a great price on a great sounding amp! Only selling to downgrade (have other priorities).

6. Aaron_F

Aaron_F Auditioning

I am interested in the long run. I'll take it when I have the funds in the next 3 or 4 weeks. If nobody beats me to it that is. [​IMG]