What's new

B&K AV 5000 series 2 5 channel amplifier (1 Viewer)

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Oops, typo in the thread title. It should read B&K AV5000 Series 2 amplifer;) Flawless condition with black brushed aluminum faceplate, this amp is rated at 125 watts into each channel. Sparingly used in my home theater and i am selling since i have recently decided to tone down a bit.
This amp is very neutral with a warm sonic quality difficult to find in SS gear. Highly regarded/reviewed amp which has also won two Home Theater Magazine amp shootouts!

Description
The B&K AV5000 series II provides a hefty 125 watts per channel into all five channels. Frequency Response: 5-45kHz. Dampening Factor (50Hz): 150. Input Sensitivity: 1.0V. Input Impedance (ohms): 33.2k. IM Distortion (SMPTE): .09%. Power Rating: 8 ohms 125W per channel, 4 ohms 185W per channel. Slew Rate: 14v/µs. Amperage (peak-to-peak) per Channel: 30. Signal to Noise Ratio, A Weighted: 90dB. Level Controls: Yes.
5-12 volt trigger:yes
The Amp is in excellent condition. rating 9/10
Retail: $1300
sell: $595 OBO which is less than $1 per watt!

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
guys,

At a $1950CAN price tag new do you guys think i would be selling for $595CAN? This would make this amp the bargain of the century which you'll never see until many years down the road. Canadian price is $915 + shipping. Lessthan half off for 125 watts x 5, full gaincontrols and 5-12volt triggers that allow you to turn the amplifier on when turning on your preamp or processor.

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Ok,

i'll play nice. A couple of nibbles but no bites. This is a great price on a great sounding amp! Only selling to downgrade (have other priorities).

Aaron_F

Auditioning
I am interested in the long run. I'll take it when I have the funds in the next 3 or 4 weeks. If nobody beats me to it that is. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks