B&K Amp with Paradigm Studios. Too Bright?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Bauman, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Joe Bauman

Joe Bauman Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone matched the B&K 5125 amp (or other B&K amps) with Paradigm studio speakers before? I am afraid it may be too bright sounding. I have used a rotel amp with the Paradigms and it sounds fine. Does the sound of the Rotel compare to the B&K?

2. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Paradigm can be kind of bright/forward sounding but I doubt it very much that it would be bright with a B&K amp. I have Studio 40's and a friend of mine has a B&K ST2140. When I first got my speakers about a year ago, I bought them over to his house and hooked it up to the B&K and the sound was very smooth. Not bright or harsh at all.

3. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

I haven't heard the B&K, but I will say that I do not believe that Paradigm Reference is a bright sounding speaker line at all. The Monitor series and Performance series are a little on the bright side. But the highs on all the Reference seem very balanced to ME.

4. steve paul

steve paul Stunt Coordinator

Had a BK 7250 II with Paradigm 40's and at higher volumes it was shrill. Couldnt stand it..Sunfire was way smoother, and is now what I have in my bedroom theater.