What's new

B&K amp differences? (1 Viewer)

Ron S

Stunt Coordinator
Am trying to find info on the differences between the ref7250, 7270. With the new ref200.5's and .7's coming out, good deals are to be had on these older amps. Is anyone aware of the differences? Can't seem to find info anywhere :frowning:
And how hot *does* the B&K line get? Prefer not to have an oven in my rack!
Am also considering the Sherbourne 5/1500A. Any thoughts on how these 2 would stack up aganst each other, performance wise. Sherbourne is chaper, so that might well be the ticket.
Thsnks!

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Ron,
Drop me an email and I can send you the pdf users guide
for the 200.5 / 200.7 amps.
This will help you define the differences.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
I know the B&K amps run warm when playing them hard, and the more channels the hotter the amp, the 5 and 7 channel amps run on the WARM side!

Gifford L

Agent
The amps are roughly the same internally. I was told by the rep that they are. It is interesting to note however that the Reference mono/stereo/and 3 channel models are rated at 220 watts and the new ones are rated at 200 watts.

The main difference is balanced inputs, blue power lights, and a beveled faceplate.

Yogi

Screenwriter
The specs look identical to the 7250 so I think the internals are the same. The only differences are, then, cosmetic.
B&Ks run warm due to the use of MOSFETs in their stages and also sound warm due the same reason:) Make sue you have plenty of ventillation around them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks