What's new

B&K 5 channel amp (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I found an auction getting rid of a B&K 5 channel amp they call "sonata 5" They do not give any other specs but its in 8/10 condition.

any advice?Please, I am making the jump from stereo to DD and want to get the best.

Geno

Supporting Actor
If anyone knows anything about this amp or B&K, please help me out. The auction ends in 2 days and If this is a great deal, I dont want to miss out.

"According to B&K's own marketing materials the amp was called the Video-5 Sonata. It was marketed along the with

updated version of the ST 140, ST 202, the EX 442 Sonata and the M 200 Sonata in the early 1990's. "

any info would be appreciated!

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I have one, I bought it about six years ago.

Retail was like 1,200 and I think I paid 950.

It’s the B&K Video 5 Sonata.

105 Watts into 5-Channels

Very good AMP. Never had a problem in all those years.

It was running my entire 5:1 system with a powered Sub, but now it runs (4) surround speakers in a Lexicon Logic-7 array.

I now have a Parasound HCA-2003A powering the front three.

It doesn’t have a cooling fan so it gets a little hot if you push it.

Weighs a TON because of the large cooling fins.

I’m at work now, but I can get some pictures for you tonight if you don’t know what it looks like.

Shawn S

Geno

Supporting Actor
Thanks Shawn,
I had just gotten done with searching posts that had anything to do with b&k amps and saw your post. I was just about to email you. Thanks for the reply. I havent seen anything online or even at B&K's web site about this amp. I would appreciate pics if you could. :)
geno

Geno

Supporting Actor
Purchased amp! cant wait! I hope $400 + $20 shipping is a good deal. I coulndt find used audio equip book prices online but i figured b&k's reputation stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks