What's new

B&K 307 upgrade status?? (1 Viewer)

Harold Leroy

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if anyone knows the latest on the B&K 307/Ref 30 upgrade. It's been a long wait--hope it's worth it.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Their idea is to wait till there is an AVR308(OR WHATEVER) before releasing an upgrade to the 307 ,but rumor has it that they are working on at least 3 upgrades at once...DPLII (OF COURSE), DTS-ES discrete, and 24/192 dac's......just don't expect 'em to do one upgrade every 5 months with every format du-jour that comes out...

Harold Leroy

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,

I've sure read about a lot of nice things about the 49TX. It's fun to make changes--I'm going to stick with the 307 for awhile, then go to separates, for now, I'm interested in the upgrade.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Harold,

Actually, I was being a bit flippant. The 307 is a great receiver, and is better than the 49TX in the amp department (imo). Unfortunately, B&K has fallen well behind in the area of features and user interface. The often-talked about but never produced upgrade will address part of these shortcomings, but not all. That was the main reason I decided to replace my 307. Not because I did not think there would be an upgrade, but because I felt even an upgraded 307 would not offer as much as the 49TX does now.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I'm with Obi. I upgraded to the MC-1.While no Pro-logic II Logic 7 fills the bill.The Ref 30 was a great piece but everyday I find and hear new things that make me glad I switched.

Steve M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks