1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

B&H Payboo deal???

Discussion in 'Photography' started by ManW_TheUncool, May 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Anyone else saw the announcement and invite yet?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/credit-cards?utm_campaign=CustomerService&utm_source=Payboo-Tax%20190507&utm_content=Retail&utm_term=payboo-save-tax

Just wish this came a couple weeks earlier before I bought a nice new tripod from their daily flash deals... :P

Does this help entice me enough to go visit their store and take the plunge on a discounted Nikon Z6 kit? I've been wondering if my current condition/situation makes mirrorless that much more worthwhile (despite the issues that probably still exist w/ the Z6)... Hmmm... :P

_Man_

2. Message #2 of 4 May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I received the emails yesterday and today. It's a similar reward program to the Amazon Visa card I have, but it only gives you credit for sales tax spent at their site - - so basically I would get 6% credit on purchases towards future purchases at B&H. Amazon gives me 5% on Amazon purchases, 2% on certain other purchases (restaurants, gasoline, etc.) and 1% on everything else.

If I was to purchase some camera equipment, it may entice me. However, I can usually also order from B&H or Adorama via their Amazon store front and get close to the same reward via my Visa card, and use those rewards on more immediate future purchases of things other than just camera equipment.

As for mirrorless, I will probably eventually upgrade my Canon 5D3 to a Canon full frame mirrorless body and move to their RF lenses over time. However, that is probably further down the road once the product line matures more. I am considering selling my Canon 7D2 crop sensor body, though, and just using my Canon M50 mirrorless as my only crop sensor body. I am not shooting enough anymore to justify owning three bodies.

3. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    It's 8.875% for those of us in NYC (and similar upstate) -- and I too have an Amazon Visa, but killed my Prime subscription (so only get 3% back on Amazon)... at least for near term... because I really don't need it most times...

I'm actually very curious how they managed this... especially for us NY-ers who never got the break before for obvious reason. It's apparently actually effective even for shopping in-store, which makes it that much more valuable...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield likes this.
  4. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Ok, I actually just applied for their Payboo card and went thru their checkout process (just short of actually placing an order) to confirm... and just as described, the reward is credited immediately to the order as though you never pay the sales tax... even though they somehow are (supposedly) collecting the tax to be sent to the state/municipality. So it's not some reward to be used for another subsequent purchase at all.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield likes this.