What's new

Axoim or Wharfedale Evo? Ready to pull trigger any day (1 Viewer)

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
A few months ago I narrowed my selection down to the Axiom M60 or the Evo 30. I will be using the Axiom QS8 surrounds in a 5.1 setup no matter which tower I ultimately choose.

I can get the Evo 30's and the Evo center for $1,100 or I can go Axiom M60 and VP150 center for $1285. I will be purchasing the QS8's subsequently when some free cash is available.

Right now in my mind, I think the center channel is the deciding factor. When I look at the tiny Wharfedale Evo center, I wonder if it would even be able to produce as good a soundstage as the larger Axiom center. Will the size difference of these two centers (not to mention # of drivers & tweeters) allow for some noticeable differences? I have no way of knowing for sure so I thought I would ask for some opinions.

Secondly, if any of you have heard both systems, I would appreciate some final input regarding how theses two systems compare to one another.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Ah..nevermind.

I just pulled the trigger a few minutes ago and ordered the Axiom M60's, VP150, and QS8's. They should be here this Friday.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Mike, about a year ago, I auditioned the Wharfedale Evo 40's and the rest of the Evo surround set up. I really liked the 40's, but like you, I wasn't sure the smallish center speaker was up to the task. I ended up buying Magnepan speakers and haven't looked back.

We recently moved in to a new house, and the maggies will be incorporated in to a dedicated HT/Music room in the basement. But I also have a HT/Music room in the family room. So I went out last week and bought 5 B&W speakers to go along with my SVS PC-Ultra to use in the family room. I got the 602.5 for my fronts, the LCR600 for the center, and the LM1 for my surrounds. Couldn't be happier. BTW, the LCR600 is a large, heavy, excellent center channel speaker!!

Good luck on your decision. Give the B&W speakers I've mentioned an audition. You may very well like them as well as the Whatfedale's!!

Albert Ploski

Auditioning
I bought my Wharfedale theatre speaker-set two months ago from Audioadvisor: Opus 3 mains, Tricenter and Trisurrounds. These are one of the best in terms of quality build, finish and performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks