Axioms? Anybody know about the sound quality of these speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brook, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Brook

Brook Agent

I am wanting to upgrade my HT, and I heard Axioms were the way to go for the sound for not much money. I want to buy the M3t, the VP100, and the Q2 surrounds. Any one have any opinions?? [​IMG]

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

if you just try to use the search engine, i am sure you will see that axiom speakers are really recommended.

3. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

Brook,

I have exactly what you are looking at except I have the QS4s instead of the QS2s. I will be honest I never heard of Axiom until I started reading this forum. Also, I was skeptical about buying a speaker without hearing them, but I didn't want to have to deal with overpriced B&M stores. So I took the chance and ordered Axiom. I can say I have been very happy with their product. The M3s are very clear except playing deep bass. You will definitely want to add a good sub with those speakers. I would suggest not to buy any of their subs. For the same price as their Axiom EP125, you can get an adire Rava from $399. I wish I would have. The QS4s in my opinon are very good surrounds. I have read quite a bit of people knocking the VP100, but I have been very happy with mine. It seems to flow wll with the left and right channels in movies. Hope this helps and good luck in choosing your speakers.

Daniel T

4. Luke_G

Luke_G Auditioning

I have the M3Ti's, the VP100 and the QS4's and have no complaints at all. They sound great, a very crisp clean sound for relatively inexpensive speakers.

Another positive to these is that you can purchase them from Axiom in their Factory Outlet and save some $$$. The only thing that makes them a factory outlet version is that they have very small cabinet blemishes, nothing to worry about.

I would highly recommend them to anyone on a budget that is still looking for high quality sound.

5. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I have the M3's as mains and a VP100 and would definitely recommend them. I got mine from the Factory Outlet and can't see anything wrong them.
    Bottom line: [​IMG]

6. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

see?

7. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

Brook, You do not say where you live, but if it's anywhere near the Canadian border, you might find a store that carries Axiom.

8. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

where is this axiom outlet?

9. Jason F.

Jason F. Stunt Coordinator

10. Rob Landolfi

Rob Landolfi Stunt Coordinator

Brook,
    I'm another happy Axiom owner. I have the VP100 center, M3 mains, QS4 surrounds, and the EP175 sub. Great system that easily fills my 20X18 viewing area. I've had it two months now.
    I've seen quite a bit about other company's subs being better for the money, but a matched set was crucial for our decor. Also, I'm fairly new to the game and getting this as a complete system at one time was an easy way to go for me. I truly enjoy my sub. Good luck!
    [​IMG]

11. Brook

Brook Agent

Thanks for all the information everybody! I'm almost positive I am going to buy these speakers. I all ready have a very good sub, so no worries there! It's a Shiva 12" sonotube, I bought it from my uncle. It really shakes the house.
    Everyone says they have the Q4 surrounds, are the Q2 even close to as good? I have sort of a limited budget. So those are all I can afford.
    And Jack I live in Lena, Wisconsin. So not really close to the Canadian border. Where is the closest store that is near me?[​IMG]

12. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Brook,
    Please give us a review when you get them!

13. Brook

Brook Agent

I will possibly be ordering them, off the internet, in a week or so.

Oh, I will!!!!

14. Jim Hubbard

Jim Hubbard Auditioning

Brook,

That sounds like an awesome system for only $615 delivered (if you buy factory outlet).

As an owner, I can tell you that the M3Tis sound great as mains.

15. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

I also have a M3 + VP100 setup (no surrounds yet) and would recommend it without hesitation [​IMG]