Axiom vs. Polk vs. PSB

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Keith*D, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Keith*D

Keith*D Agent

Same question basically. I already have the CSi40 center so is changing to Axiom or PSB going to net me a much better system. 60/40 HT/music

Polk
    Rti70 ~ $500

Axiom
    M22ti ~ $400
    VP150 ~ $350
    Total ~ $750

PSB Image
    5T ~ $500
    9c ~ $250
    Total ~ $750

I realize I would need stands for the Axioms, but that isn't a bad thing, I love the size and tight sound of bookshelves, but also knowing the range of the tower is there. So, do you guys think I should save the money, or should I go for something new. If you have a biased opinion go ahead and tell me anyway.

Keith

2. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Keith,
    I can only comment on the Axioms(M22's) which i own and they are a flat out superb speaker for the money. I have listened to and demoed many brands(oddly not the 2 others you mentioned)and the Axioms easily were the best for the money IMO. Axiom has a 30 day return policy and i would highly recommend you check out the M22's.

Good Luck,
    Dalton

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

You should be able to find the Rti70's for a lot less now that the new Rti models are hitting the stores. The Polks are a great value and a great sounding speaker. Of course it's all in the ear of the listener. I would suggest that you pick up the speakers needed to complete your system and try 'em for a few days at the very least.

4. DaveKahler

DaveKahler Stunt Coordinator

I've liked my Axiom's more and more everyday since I bought them about 9 months ago. Truly a superb speaker, and one of the best sounding I've ever heard in my life. It seems you just can't go wrong with Axiom..

5. JamesKr

JamesKr Agent

I'll vote for Polk RTi70's which are fantastic speakers for the money and at $500/pair sounds like a good deal. But get them quick because they are being replaced by a new yet unproven line.

6. Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko Stunt Coordinator

I've listened to all of PSB's lines many times. In fact my father owns a complete surround of the Image line. They are very nice speakers for the money. I would recommend them certainly over the overpriced Polk. Can't say much about the Axioms as I have not heard them.