What's new

axiom vs paradigm? (1 Viewer)

William_Gravem

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I've begun shopping around and from the advice of friends and as far as I can tell, paradigm seems to offer some fo the best sound per dollar. I have an Onkyo 601 receiver, 85 watts per channel, and I've been considering the monitor 5 and studio 20 as my mains.

Somebody recommended I look at Axiom. I found them on-line, read some reviews, and I'm intrigued. I think they look great and the price seems very reasonable... but none of the dealerships I've seen in my area (DC) seem to carry them.

Any advice on how I might be able to give them a test?

How do the Axiom M22ti's compare to Paradigm's Monitor 5 or Studio 20?

---Bill

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,

I've been a happy owner of my Studio 20's for going on 4 years now, and recommend them to everyone I know. I realize this doesn't really help you in your quest for a comparison, but figured i'd at least chime in with a pro paradigm response :)

Evan

William_Gravem

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Evan,

I think what I probably ought to do is find someone w/ these and try to arrange a listen for myself. The whole "trust your ears" thing is probably the way to go.

---Bill

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
The trust your ears is the best way to go. Having not heard the Axioms myself I can not make any comments on them. I personally own studio 100s and 40s. After many many auditions, these fit me nicely, and just a touch over budget.

listen to as many speakers as you can. If you can, listen to them in your own house or listening environment.

Auditioning audio is fun, I still do it, even though I have the speakers that I will keep, for a while, until I can not ignore that upgrade bug we all seem to get.

Happy Auditioning!

Doug McBride

Auditioning
Check the Axiom (axiomaudio.com) web site and go to their message board. I believe they maintain a list of folks that are willing to audition, or just post a note looking for someone close by. It's a friendly crowd.

Good luck,

Doug

BruceTM

Agent
I have visited a number of b&m stores to audition their products and I've come to the conclusion that store auditions are way overrated. The salesman knows which amplification makes which set of speakers sound best. What sounds good in the store may or may not sound good in your home. I have heard speakers in the store, liked them, brought them home, and they sound like doo doo with my electronics for one reason or another. The best audition lasts about a month in your living room and involves companies with a liberal return policy. So what do I have, you might guess. Of course, it's Axiom.

Joey_V

Second Unit
heard both the 20s and the m22s. after i heard the two in AB testing powered by rotel amps... i realized that the m22s were not in the same class as the 20s. i wanted the 22s to match the 20s toe-to-toe (i was an owner of the m22s).. but it just wasnt so. needless to say, i sold the axioms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks