What's new

AXIOM Swap...M60 for M22's INPUT Plze (1 Viewer)

DaveAr

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my Axiom set. M60/QS8/VP150, in Mansfiels Beech. Absolutely gorgeous. One problem, the M60's may be FAR too large for my room. Aesthetically they stand out a bit too much when placed in the position they will be in. Now I am thinking of swapping them for the M22's. Plus I would use the money saved on the offset (incl return shipping) to buy a higher end Sub like the SVS or HSU. Any thoughts, has anyone been faced with this dilemma? Looking for some input, thanks!! :b

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
How big is your room? I think the M60's sound is a little more refined than the M22, but for a smaller room, the M22 with a quality sub is a good one.

Have you visited the Axiom forum?

DaveAr

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I posted there as well. Better rounded amt of info garnered.
The room is aprox, 14 x 15. Not overly large. But the problem lies in the placing of the speakers, then later adding a sub. The area surrounding the entertainment center where the TV is situated would look over crowded. This is essentially an anesthetic problem, mostly marital related. Get it!! Wife isn't too happy with the overall placement. She loves the placement of the QS8 on stands, she thought the QS8's were for the front, and the M60's were to be placed in the rear.:b

Paul_Ptaaty

Stunt Coordinator
For HT it shouldn't make any difference to have m22s.

If having M60s mean you can't fit a quality sub, this also seems like a no brainer...get the M22s.

I am trying to get an A/B comparison for myself but noting the differences and from people who have had both I think you should switch. It is entirely possible to have too much speaker for the room.

All that said, in a decent size room with no cost diff....M60s have an extra driver to spread the sound over (should sound a bit cleaner at higher volumes, and this is what owners of both have said) and will have stronger bass and would be beneficial for stereo music.

I have the M22s, QS8s and VP150 with a SVS PC+ sub (PB2+ on order). I had QS4s and upgraded to the 8s. I have thought about the M60s because I listen to a fair amount of music and have a larger room than you. However I can't bring myself to shell out double $$ when the M22 sounds so good with a sub, and it plays very loud and clean...so I upgraded the sub!

DaveAr

Stunt Coordinator
I swapped them, awaiting delivery of M22's. Now I need to settle on a sub. Can a boxed sub be placed into a cabinet under my entertainment center. The sub would be surrounded on 3 sides, with the front having a door covered in mesh.
Although I do like the SVS cylinder look. But the HSU VTF-2 fits my budget as well.:b

Keith*D

Agent
In one of our cheaper systems we have a sub in a fully closed cabinet, and it sounds fine. I was very surprised. I am SURE that it isn't the optimal setup, but it can work, and the easiest way to know for sure is to cram whatever sub you have now in there when you get a chance.

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks