What's new

Axiom Speakers? How do they stack up? (1 Viewer)

Clay McCall

Auditioning
I was looking at the Axiom internet site, at there best home theater package. How do you think it stacks up to paradigm, Dali, Swan, B&W ect?

I could easily spend twice the money on Dali or paradigm, but am I getting twice the speaker?

20x24 Room w/ 10ft ceiling: 75% movies 25% music
7.1 budget of 6500.00 but I'd spend less if I could find a great product at a lower price.

Leaning towards a SVS PB2+ Sub and Dali Grand Diva's w/ Dali Suite 2.8 home theater package for the other channels.

Planning a HT
B&K Ref 50 Pre/Pro
ATI 1807 Amp
Denon dvd5900
Sharp xv-10000 or 12000
Chang Line Conditioner

Kevin*Ha

Agent
I guess it depends on the sound you like. You're going to find fans of every brand you mentioned including Axiom. The only links I can think of that put them head to head with other online brands (Ascend, Aperion, Av123) are these:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=263414

http://www.ascendforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4

In both of those threads the Axioms look to be near the bottom, though without hearing them personally all you're doing is taking other peoples word for it. They have a 30 day refund period and even pay the shipping if I recall correctly - try them out and see if they sound good to you?

Personally I'm more a fan of B&W and Onix Rockets in that same price point. I think for the same cost as one of the better Axiom systems I would personally go with some B&W 600's or a Rocket 550/750 setup, but that's just me.

Ben.T

Agent
hmmm the first link doesn't work and the second is comparing the M22's which are not floor standing speakers...

I have been thinking about Axiom's as well (M60's, VP150 and QS4's or 8's). I still need to do some in town listening to other brands but what I've read about the Axiom's on the web is pretty impressive.

Kevin*Ha

Agent
I updated the first link, the thread got moved. I couldn't find any that were about the floorstanding Axioms particularly, but I'm sure if you dig around AVS you'll find something.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Check out av123.com for onix Rockets. About the same price but with real wood.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
I am not a fan of the Axiom center channel (the VP150). It's got a very bizarre driver layout and I heard serious frequency response aberrations off-axis when I had it in my home. I think the VP100 would work better, although I haven't heard it. The rest of the line seems to be extremely high value. Sound quality is way beyond the price, but you don't get real wood veneer (at those prices for sure). They have a very accurate sound. If you like accurate, you'll like them.

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator
I tried Axiom M3ti's and am returning them. For my tastes, I found them to be "bright" and very fatiguing after prolonged listening. It got to the point where I dreaded turning on my receiver.

For those who like the sound of Axioms, their value is amazing. The speakers are cheap (price!) but are nicely built. The M3 was heftier than I expected for its size.

Return shipping is in your hands and it is indeed expensive; I was quoted a triple-digit figure for the cheapest methods via FedEx and UPS. Axiom advises using the USPS if possible and that's what I'm doing. If you want to try internet-only, seek a US-based seller, returns will be easier and far cheaper.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Clay,
Someone here recommended I give the Dali's a listen so I did this past weekend. I listened to the 2.8's, Evidence 470 and the MS4's. Yes all different price range but These speakers are built well, high quality grade and sound great.
I also listened to the Axiom M80's at my house as someone was kind enough to bring them over for a demo. I enjoyed those also....to my ears they were not bright like Klipsch speakers but they could be listed as being brighter than others out there like maybe Paradigm.
Have you listened to all those speakers you listed(Paradigm, B&W, etc) if so which one did you like the most?
Go with what you like with your favorite music.
Dali is newer to the USA so not many people have an opinion of them.....If I had the money I would have bought the M4's as they were great sounding speakers for my ears.

I am actually thinking of picking up the 2.8 series.....not sure yet as I have others to demo.....$2,000 and what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks