Axiom QS8 Surrounds

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Allen C Hecht, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Allen C Hecht

My new QS8's arrived yesterday hoorah!! Now I have decision to make concerning mounting them. I currently have my 2 surrounds mounted on a wall behind the main viewing couch. My question is, should I just replace the existing two surrounds with the QS8's, or is the time and effort justified to mount them in the ceiling on the sides of the room. They have to go on the ceiling since one side of the family room is open to the kitchen, meaning there is no side wall there to mount them. I know there is not a lot of true 7:1 media available right now, so I dont know if the time and effort is justified. I am feeding all speakers thru an HK AVR525. Thoughts?

2. Jeffrey R

Jeffrey R Stunt Coordinator

I say go for the wall behind the viewing couch and ditch your existing surrounds. I don't know what surrounds you have there now, but I'd venture a guess that the QS8's are better since you wouldn't propose replacing them otherwise. I have my QS8's on the wall behind my viewing couch, and their performance is outstanding for both movies and music.

The QS8's have such a dispersive quality when it comes to effects from movies, and really perform great with hi-rez surround music, that you probably don't need the 7.1.