What's new

Axiom Or Paradigm (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
OKAY,
Life was much simpler before I found this site...(when I thought bose was all there was.)
the problem is, I've HEARD the 301's, now I am reading about the axiom's and you guy's have given me some good reviews on the paradigms.
Which way do I turn now? I realize I can test drive the axioms, but I'd really like to compare vs. the monitors or the focus (my wife'd gut me if i blew 1500.00 just to test three sets of speakers.)

"hep me, hep me, I been hyp-mo-tized"

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Well, don't waste your time with the 301s.

Paradigm has dealers in the US, so use their dealer locator, and go listen.

Axiom, unfortunately, does not. They do in canada, so it may be worth a drive to hear first. IF not, you can order and you might be out shipping if you don't like them.

I say you start by finding a paradigm dealer, and hearing what real speakers can do. Then branch out to the many other brands out there, including axiom. I myself, own mini-monitors, so that's my note of bias. I auditioned probably a dozen speakers and these were the best to MY ears. I suggest you listen, and let your ears decide what's most natural for you.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
First of all, Axiom's are more comparable to Paradigm's Studio series.

My good friend (and one time neighbor)owns a complete reference series (V2)w/ Studio 100's. I spent countless hours watching movies and listening to music at his place. In fact, hanging out at his place is the reason I took an interest in home theatre. Naturally, when I began my search, Paradigm Studios were more or less my reference speaker.

I auditioned tons of speakers locally but none of them were as good as the Studios. I was looking for a speaker that could do what the Studios did without the hefty pricetage. I am not suggesting that the Studio series are overpriced; I just didn't want to spend that much. I was having a hard time finding anything that met my requirements.

Then one day I came across Axiom....I don't recall if I was reading a forum or just came across the site in a google search....but I began researching them. At about the same time I also discovered Wharfedale Evo's at a local hi-fi shop. The Evo's are a fantastic speaker and I came close to purchasing them.

In the end I took a chance and chose Axiom. I made the right choice. They do a few things better (detail, neutrality) than the Studio's and are on par with them in every other regard. Not only that, but they do it for significantly less money.

When my friend finally gave them a listen, his only comments were along the lines of "well, they don't weigh nearly as much as my Studios" or "Paradigm as been around for X years and 20 years from now they will still be around" etc. I think he was a little shocked by what he heard..in a good way. In the end he summed things up by saying "You did good".

Both Axiom and Paradigm Studios are seriously good speakers. You can't go wrong with either.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Thanks guys,
I located my nearest Paradigm dealer and will probably go and give a listen this weekend. The titans or focus is my uneducated goal, who knows, I may end up with a pair of studios/monitors?

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I just spent the last two weekends getting my whole order of Paradigms in Windsor. Once you listen, you might want to choose whatever you end up getting in a Canadian Dealer. You will save a significant amount of cash. Better yet, make a day out of it and visit both an Axiom dealer and a Paradigm Dealer on the same day. I wound up going the Mini-Monitor route and I couldn't be happier!

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Also there is a message board on Axiom's website and you can look at Questions and Comments board and there is a thread kept at top called, "Auditioning Axioms in your area" which has US customers who are willing to be testing sites and I think there are two in Michigan both with different set-ups. 1 in Ann Arbor and 1 in Farmington Hills.

Hope this helps some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks