Axiom or Aperion Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ScottTag, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ScottTag

ScottTag Auditioning

Does anyone have an opinion either way? The reviews I have read are good but buying speakers without listening to them has me nervious. Axiom seems to be the better buy for comparable speakers.
    I also see a lot of threads on subs alone. Should I consider a different sub other than Axiom or Aperion?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Receiver will be Denon 3805

Thanks

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

You should consider several brands and if needed order say a center from each if your going to be buying on line and try and see what you think of sound and build quality. Don't forget to check out av123.com for Onix Rocket speakers as they are very good for the money with big sales going on now as well. Also for you Sub you should probably be looking at SVS or HSU. All the mentioned companies plus Axiom have great feedback and customer service. I don't know a thing about Aperion.

3. Mitch_J

Mitch_J Stunt Coordinator

Scott,
    I will chime in for Aperion. I bought their S-12 Sub last Feb. And just bought their 522D L/R and their VACC center speaker along with their dipole/bipole 522SS surround speakers. I highly recommend them. Their customer service is beyond reproach and I like the way the speakers sound as well as their looks. Aperion has a lot going for them. 30 day money back trial. No sales tax. No shipping fees (either way-If you decide to send them back) Real wood veneer and the Diaural crossover (controversial here). Go to their site and look around and get involved in their forum. You'll find some good people there. And answers.

4. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

Do you have a sub? I have heard neither one but I researched them and the Aperions seem to be outstanding. Both are supposed to be very good but I have heard the build quality is outstanding. I would get them in a heartbeat but my receivers highest crossover point in stereo mode is 60 hz and these are rated at 80. I don't think you could go wrong either way