What's new

Axiom M80 (1 Viewer)

Eric_Singer

Agent
I haven't seen it in person, but if you look at the measurements, it isn't *that* big...40" high, I believe. Tall, but not unusually tall. Keep in mind that those woofers are only 6.5", so it's not that wide, either.

Eric

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Looks deep though, I'll check out the specs, the pics sure make it look massive!
I guess it's not "Massive" from the specs, but man I can't stop looking at the boston cherry finish, looks like a million bucks..... I'm drooling ...... arghhh must get back to work arghh :D

Marc H

Second Unit
James,
We have them on display in the shop in the Boston cherry finish if you can make it downtown to check them out in real life.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
COol Mark.... maybe some day, still busy building the theatre this weekend etc.

Mark, do you think a pair of 8W Tubes would make these sing? They seem to be VERY efficient. I'm currently running B&W 303's which aren't efficient at all and rated for 25w minimum, and they are plenty lound and sound great.

Marc H

Second Unit
James,
I don't have much experience with tubes but I do have a few clients in the United States that use the M80TiSe with 12 watt tube amps and they have all given me quite positive feedback on the combination.
Try posting at audio asylum in the tube forum and maybe some will respond with their thoughts on the combination as well.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Mark, or maybe when I get some time / $$$ I'll bring my tubes in and try them in the shop? That wouldn't be a problem would it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks