Axiom M60

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CoreyK, Jun 23, 2002.

1. CoreyK

CoreyK Auditioning

I Just ordered my new Axiom M60'S, it is an upgrade from the M50'S. What exactly can I excpect as far as sound is concerned.(EG. Bass.)

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

whoa. dont you think it is kinda late to ask that question?

sorry i am not helping, i was just wondering why.

3. Jason Bell

Jason Bell Stunt Coordinator

Hi Corey I just received my M60s about 4 days ago. I havent heard the M50s. The M60s have pretty good bass for music it seems accurate and definitely not boomy. OTH my dad came over to listen to them and he thought they lacked bass but he is used to some 25 yr old 3 way Kenwoods with 15" woofers. eh also has a much smaller listening area then me. The mids are really good and vocals are clear I havent tried many female vocals I'll listen to some Tori Amos today and post back. The highs are very very clear and seem like they blend better with other frequencies than the M22s I was using as mains. Over all I'm pretty happy and feel that it greatly improved my 2 channel listening which is why I was upgrading in the first place. I also think they will difinitely get better when I get better electronics down the road. Right now I only have about 20 hours on these speakers so many wouldnt consider them broken in either. I would be interested to hear how you feel about them after you get your pair.

4. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

If they are the latest ones, with dual ports in the back, there is a bit more bass impact then the ones with the single port in the back.

5. Jason Bell

Jason Bell Stunt Coordinator

MarcH,

My M60s have two ports in the back and one port in the front.

What is your opinion on break in time with these speakers? Have your customers noticed any difference. On the Axiom website it doesnt seem Ian and Alan give much credence to break in. I know that many people swear by it especially on Audio Asylum.

6. Eric_Singer

Eric_Singer Agent

I can't speak for the M60's specifically, but with my M22's, it was night and day after about 50 hours of break-in time.