1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Axiom M60 vs M80

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph_Mikhail, May 29, 2002.

1. Joseph_Mikhail

Joseph_Mikhail Stunt Coordinator

Is the M80 a big improvement over the M60. I was leaning towards the M80 but I am a little put off by its 4 ohm nominal impedance.

2. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

No to be honest. Tonally very similar.
    The M80TiSe will have appreciably deeper bass if you are not using a subwoofer but their real strength is the levels that they are capable of. The M80TiSe can play very loud while staying open and clear sounding.
    In a direct A/B comparison, the M60TiSe have a sharper focus on the stereo imaging.
    The four ohm load of the M80TiSe is fine with most receivers. Out of my clientel, only one person has had a problem with the receiver shutting down. In that case, Axiom graciously manufactured an impedance matching box for the client to solve that.

3. Joseph_Mikhail

Joseph_Mikhail Stunt Coordinator

Marc-

Thanks for the response.

I am using a separate amp for my mains. Will the 4 ohm load harm the amp over the long term?

4. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

If the manual for the amp says a four ohm load is okay then it shouldn't effect the wear and tear.