What's new

Axiom M50 vs M60 review (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Damn... I'd thought I'd settled on the M50s, but now you've re-opened my internal debate!

I wonder, now that your M60s have been broken in a bit more, do you still experience any brightness that you'd consider excessive? I must say, your description of the M50s as a tad softer makes me think I might prefer them, even at the expense of some midrange detail...

KonradN

Stunt Coordinator
Rick Radford

You have to admit though that the difference in midrange clarity between the m50 and m60 is very small and unoticeable to most people. At least that's how I felt when I compared the m22ti and the m50. The m22ti should match the midrange clarity of the m60 so I have a good idea how the m50 midrange would compare to the m60.

Anyways when I compared the m50 and m22ti side by side with my own gear I couldn't even tell a difference between them for all the frequencies above 80hz. I admit that I may not have the most critical ears but it does show that if there is a difference it must have been very small.

Since I wouldn't be able to notice the loss in midrange clarity I am glad I went with the m50 for the added midbass punch that it provides over the m60.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
>your description of the M50s as a tad softer<
I just provided a link to info. I did not participate in the M50/M60 comparison. I've not even heard the M50.
That being said, I like my M60s. ;)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I just provided a link to info. I did not participate in the M50/M60 comparison. I've not even heard the M50.
So you're not "Randyman"? Ohhhhh...... :)
It's an excellent comparison, but dammit, it's likely to cost me more money! Just when I was comfortable with the idea of the M50s...
For me, it's not the added "articulateness" in the mid to upper ranges that's so much more appealing about the M60s, but rather Randyman's finding that the M60s seem to image so much better than the M50s. I wonder if these two factors are somehow interrelated?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks