Axiom M50 vs M60 review

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick Radford, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

For anyone interested, there is a user review up on the Axiom board regarding the M50 vs M60.
    Click here.

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Damn... I'd thought I'd settled on the M50s, but now you've re-opened my internal debate!

I wonder, now that your M60s have been broken in a bit more, do you still experience any brightness that you'd consider excessive? I must say, your description of the M50s as a tad softer makes me think I might prefer them, even at the expense of some midrange detail...

3. KonradN

KonradN Stunt Coordinator

Rick Radford

You have to admit though that the difference in midrange clarity between the m50 and m60 is very small and unoticeable to most people. At least that's how I felt when I compared the m22ti and the m50. The m22ti should match the midrange clarity of the m60 so I have a good idea how the m50 midrange would compare to the m60.

Anyways when I compared the m50 and m22ti side by side with my own gear I couldn't even tell a difference between them for all the frequencies above 80hz. I admit that I may not have the most critical ears but it does show that if there is a difference it must have been very small.

Since I wouldn't be able to notice the loss in midrange clarity I am glad I went with the m50 for the added midbass punch that it provides over the m60.

4. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

>your description of the M50s as a tad softer<
    I just provided a link to info. I did not participate in the M50/M60 comparison. I've not even heard the M50.
    That being said, I like my M60s. [​IMG]

5. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

RR,
    Now, you just need a VP150! [​IMG]

6. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer