Axiom M3`s vs M2`s??

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by scott>c, Jun 29, 2004.

1. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the m3s or m2s for my mains on a 2nd home theater setup. I`m using a panasonc sa-xr 10 receiver and will be sitting about six-8 feet away. I dont have good sub and slowly upgrading. The wife wants smaller but without the a good sub I would say the m3s. What do u think??

2. Joey_V

Joey_V Second Unit

the m3s would have more bass but the m2s would have less. the m2s are always thought of to be more transparent and revealing than the m3... mainly because of a slight bass peak on the FR of the m3.

if i were you.... try the m22s - or if u wish to go on a different route... try my newly discovered bookshelf favorite, the Polk LSI7 (or 9... even better!).

3. scott>c

scott>c Second Unit

Yeah, I`ve got the m22`s in my main room along with the vp150 for my center. I also have the qs8`s on order for my surrounds. I need something on a smaller scale for music and a little tv watching. I need the wife approval factor to sneak gear into her area.I heard the m3`s are a lil more laid back than the m2s. I think I`ll give those a try since I`m lacking in the bass department in that room. I know I`ll never get an svs in there!!