What's new

axiom m2ti (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
what do you guys think about the small speaker? better than paradigm cinema cc90? i want to pair it ( as surround ) with boston vr-m50. what do you think? i couldnt find review anywhere. 2 at audioreview, dont help at all.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i have never heard people talking about m2ti, but i do have heard good things about m3ti, which is a little bit too big for me.

so, does anybody have heard m2ti? or any other alternative ( 5 1/4 inch cone woofer ) ?

Marc H

Second Unit
You're right, you don't hear much about the Axiom M2TiSe. All the attention goes to the higher models.
It's a very decent little speaker but uses a lesser quality tweeter than the higher Axiom models. The M2TiSe (and lower models) currently use a titanium hybrid tweeter whereas the upper models use a pure titanium tweeter which is sweeter, smoother and more open sounding.
The M2TiSe is definitely a step up in overall fidelity from the Paradigm but, the Axiom is rear ported if you need to wall mount it.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
would the axioms match with boston vr-m50? i mean, people say both sound neutral and natural. vr-m50s are too expensive that i cannot afford 2 pairs.

Marc H

Second Unit
Felix, I'd like to say yes but I don't think so. The Axioms are an accurate brand in general but I don't think the hybrid tweeter is near the quality of the tweeter in your Bostons. The M3TiSe or higher would be fine though but bigger.
Our shop sells another high value speaker line called Dahlquist and they have a little bookshelf speaker with a cloth suspension, aluminum dome tweeter called the QX4. The woofer is 4 1/2 inch aluminum/poly blend. It's also acoustic suspension so no port to worry about if wall mounting or putting on a shelf. It would blend better than the M2TiSe.
Please shoot me an email if you need any other info on them.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
Dahlquist? i have never heard of that word. well marc, thanks for the info, i will do more research. i will contact you when i need more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks