What's new

Axiom M22 or Triangle Titus 202 (1 Viewer)

JamesCB

Second Unit
70% music?

Neither.

Any Phase Technology dealers in your area? Sounds like you are looking for some musical speakers.
IMO, both your choices are a bit bright for music.

James

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Chris...have you heard either of them?

Being too "bright" is subjective...you should listen to them yourselves.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
You should definitely go listen to them. I found the Axioms to be way to bright and fatiguing after a short period of time(that and they look cheap).

I would consider the B&W 600 series as well but you may find them too forward as I did.

In the end, listen before you buy. You'll be happier long term.

You should also add the Phase Technology Velocity or PC series to your list and check them out. A 10 yr warranty is nothing to sneeze at.

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard them
I have been questioning if the Triangle's are used for home theater or if they are more used for 2 channel music

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
From the salesmen I have talked to who have heard them both as well as many other brands, there is no comparison. They seem to keep pointing to Stereophiles class B rating for the Triangles which really does nothing for me. However, they sound simply amazing, very detailed and the soundstage and clarity is great. I did not hear them in HT though
The Axioms I know, a friend has them, and they are great speakers for the combo. The Triangle really excelled in 2 channel

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Thats what I thought but not hearing them in HT was killing me
Has anyone heard them and how do you compare them to other similar speakers?

David*RT

Stunt Coordinator
Calling the speakers bright is reeaally subjective.

These two speakers are universally raved for their musicality by users and pro reviewers alike.

I don't consider the speakers bright at all. Of course, I've listened to them on good equipment. With such great speakers, you need a good receiver or amp. If you give them crap, they'll spit out crap--as any enthusiast speaker should do. After all, such speakers are designed to be closer to the "truth" of the recording rather than shielding the sonics thru layers (i.e. forgiving).

Also room interactions can affect ANY speaker with regard to sonics. The same speaker can sound entirely different from one room to the next. Something to keep in mind. ;)

Before you take any advice to heart, try to listen to the speakers YOURSELF. Axiom offers a 30 day guarantee and are well worth the cost of shipping in order to give them a good listen. Skip the Titus if you can't find a dealer audition nearby.

Good luck!

P.S.....Go to the Axiom website. They have a forum where users can more adequately answer any of your questions. I'm not familiar with a Triangle forum however.

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Someone has now told me the Triangle Titus is not magnetically shielded and is terrible for HT? Anyone know about this

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
It's not terrible. It just means you can't put the Titus's near your TV or on top of it. As long as you put them a few feet away at a minimum you should be ok. For optimal placement, its usually farther apart.

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
I dont have a great area to use so that may just kill me
I will have to have my mains pretty close to the TV

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Knowing how most if not all speakers need room to breath and sound right, it might not matter what speaker you get..With them so close to your TV it is going to affect their sound.

I would think 18" would be enough(for now), do you have that kind of room?

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Its the configuration that kills me. A corner is the only way I can set up the TV for now. I was just about to make the purchase on the Triangles until I found out they are not magnetically shielded. The sales guy "forgot" to mention that I just read it online

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks