What's new

Axiom and heavy metal music? (1 Viewer)

Mac74

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
Sorry in advance for the long post. I currently have a Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 100 setup in my house. Before that I had a Klipsch Synergy setup. I had the KSF-10.5s with the matching center and surrounds(I miss those speakers). Our new house wasn't tower friendly, and my wife talked me into a bookshelf setup. I want to buy new speakers when we rotate back to the states in Jan 2010. I'm really interested in the Axiom Epic 60-500 set. From what I've read these are great speakers. How well do they do with the music I listen to? I listen to thrash metal, death metal, prog rock etc? My old Klipsch were awesome with music and movies. The Def Techs do movies great. Musically they lack the punch of a tower with music, obviously. Would I be better off getting a set of Klipsch F-3s with matching center and surrounds? A lot can change in a year, but I am just trying to get a wish list started. Thanks for any advice yall can give. -Mac

Mac74

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
Sorry in advance for the long post. I currently have a Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 100 setup in my house. Before that I had a Klipsch Synergy setup. I had the KSF-10.5s with the matching center and surrounds(I miss those speakers). Our new house wasn't tower friendly, and my wife talked me into a bookshelf setup. I want to buy new speakers when we rotate back to the states in Jan 2010. I'm really interested in the Axiom Epic 60-500 set. From what I've read these are great speakers. How well do they do with the music I listen to? I listen to thrash metal, death metal, prog rock etc? My old Klipsch were awesome with music and movies. The Def Techs do movies great. Musically they lack the punch of a tower with music, obviously. Would I be better off getting a set of Klipsch F-3s with matching center and surrounds? A lot can change in a year, but I am just trying to get a wish list started. Thanks for any advice yall can give. -Mac

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Axiom and metal??? OH HELL YEAH!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I play a variety of music with my M60's and I can say they rock. Everything from old vinyl "Accept" albums to newer CDs from Avantasia and Comunic.

Now, having said that, it is just my opinion. You should really listen to them yourself since my likes and yours may be different.

BTW - I was recently turned on to a couple bands I hadn't heard of from some folks here. Check out the music section for a thread on metal bands.

Mac74

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
Thanks for your opinion. From what I've read the 60s a pretty easy to power. I'll probably end up pairing them with a Yamaha receiver, unless I find something better in the $500 range. Thanks again. Sorry bout the double post up there
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

HTenthusiast

Agent
Real Name
Phillip S.
I picked up an Onkyo TX-R606 receiver for $450 and for the money, it flat out rocks!! 90w x 7 @ .06 THD and 4 HDMI in and 1 out. Setting the speaker levels/distance/eq is a snap with their Audyssey auto calibrating feature. It's damn accurate too. I let it do it's thing and it got all of the measurements of all 5 speakers correct within 6 in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation996
Recent bookmarks