Awwww, dangit! I'm goin' radical!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Aug 17, 2001.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

As I continue to search for the perfect RPTV for today's world and tomorrow's, I have finally realized that my original decision of 5 years ago, was the correct one...
    One room/system for music... and another for movies.
    I have a three car garage and have decided to make the single car garage into a dedicated HT with projector. That way... I won't have to worry about anything 4:3 except for OAR 4:3 movies. Also, I can go back to trying to make an almost perfect music system.
    Now... what should I sell and what should I keep???
    More to come....
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

John, welcome to the club. I started two years ago trying to build a music only system IN the same HT room by adding equipments & squeezing out space but at the end I decided to open an upstair room for music only with some new gear and the result is incredible. Too bad my original music only speakers are so heavy (>200lb each) that I could never imagine moving & keeping them safely upstair o/w the transition would have been perfect. Take your time & enjoy the process along the way.
    PF

3. Burke Strickland

Burke Strickland Second Unit

Let me see if I got this right.... you are going to the trouble of building a dedicated HT room and you're just using the ONE car garage???? :>)
    Burke
    PS -- I've been back and forth with separate cs. converged systems and know how alluring two dedicated rooms can be. Good luck!

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Burke:
    I agree John should be more dedicated by committing BOTH garages to his music system. [​IMG] Heck with the cars, they are for transportation only.
    PF

5. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Take a good look at the Seleco HT200DM. For DVD, WOW!
    Also, I hope that room will be more than 10 ft wide, else the side wall sound reflections could be annoying.
    I'll build a dedicated HT someday, as well, but I have no use for a separate music system (other than your basic whole house setup- I'm referring to a "critical listening rig"). I just don't listen enough anymore.
    Todd

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Well, actually, I'll be using the back section of a three car garage. The room will measure 14' by 20' when finished. I can do whatever I want in this room, so I intend on lining the side walls with eggcrates(the hospital kind)for sound absorption. I may also line the front and back walls too, but that would depend if I decide to use my MBS-2 bi-polar speakers or my direct radiating Energy RVS speakers for this room. Either way, the big Mirage M-3si speakers will be used for my music only system in my family room.
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!