1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Awwww, dangit! I'm goin' radical!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Aug 17, 2001.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

As I continue to search for the perfect RPTV for today's world and tomorrow's, I have finally realized that my original decision of 5 years ago, was the correct one...
    One room/system for music... and another for movies.
    I have a three car garage and have decided to make the single car garage into a dedicated HT with projector. That way... I won't have to worry about anything 4:3 except for OAR 4:3 movies. Also, I can go back to trying to make an almost perfect music system.
    Now... what should I sell and what should I keep???
    More to come....
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

John, welcome to the club. I started two years ago trying to build a music only system IN the same HT room by adding equipments & squeezing out space but at the end I decided to open an upstair room for music only with some new gear and the result is incredible. Too bad my original music only speakers are so heavy (>200lb each) that I could never imagine moving & keeping them safely upstair o/w the transition would have been perfect. Take your time & enjoy the process along the way.
    PF

3. Burke Strickland

Burke Strickland Second Unit

Let me see if I got this right.... you are going to the trouble of building a dedicated HT room and you're just using the ONE car garage???? :>)
    Burke
    PS -- I've been back and forth with separate cs. converged systems and know how alluring two dedicated rooms can be. Good luck!

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Burke:
    I agree John should be more dedicated by committing BOTH garages to his music system. [​IMG] Heck with the cars, they are for transportation only.
    PF

5. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Take a good look at the Seleco HT200DM. For DVD, WOW!
    Also, I hope that room will be more than 10 ft wide, else the side wall sound reflections could be annoying.
    I'll build a dedicated HT someday, as well, but I have no use for a separate music system (other than your basic whole house setup- I'm referring to a "critical listening rig"). I just don't listen enough anymore.
    Todd

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Well, actually, I'll be using the back section of a three car garage. The room will measure 14' by 20' when finished. I can do whatever I want in this room, so I intend on lining the side walls with eggcrates(the hospital kind)for sound absorption. I may also line the front and back walls too, but that would depend if I decide to use my MBS-2 bi-polar speakers or my direct radiating Energy RVS speakers for this room. Either way, the big Mirage M-3si speakers will be used for my music only system in my family room.
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!