What's new

Aww...No...not a "BREAKER" for PEARL HARBOR...? (2 Viewers)

YANG

Screenwriter
Just seen the review of the PEARL HARBOR of WIDESCREEN REVIEW,the remarks really makes me drool...
But the feature is split into two discs,thats the worst had happened to be.The first 120mins in disc one,the next 60mins in disc two.Why can't they just sacrifice the extras,french 5.1 track,and probably animated menus just to save more space for the dual digi-surround english track???Squeezing the full feature into one single disc?With a included french subtitle?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
They probably wanted the best video possible and the most audio features, so you get the film over two discs.
I think it's good that they did this. Hell, at least it's not three or four breaks like with LD.
Hoping that New Line will spread the Director's Cut of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring over two discs similarly since it will be much longer than Pearl Harbor. And a DTS or DTS-ES track to die for...
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
Dan, are you privy to LOTR info that I've missed? The director's cut of The Fellowship of the Ring is to be "much longer" than the three-hour Pearl Harbor? Do tell.
-bf-
------------------
Bryant Frazer
Deep Focus
www.deep-focus.com

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Why can't they just sacrifice the extras,french 5.1 track [...] With a included french subtitle?
Because 90% of Quebecians are lazy morons who want a dub instead of reading subs like EVERYBODY else.
If it wasn't for Gladiator and The Matrix not having french tracks on it, there would be NO MORE VHS tapes at all over here, but the problem is, VHS may be mainly Pan & Scan, less good picture, wears out each time you play, and crappy sound but "At least on VHS, all movies are available in french. - to hell with DVD." or so they say...
Just to have french (Even in 2.0) is enough to get them to think about DVDs, 5.1 will make them think about upgrading because they will see a difference.
Having a dub in 2.0 (For kids mainly who can't read fast enough for subs) and subs to be used with the proper language 5.1 or DTS track is the perfect compromised for me but they won't listen and still presurize the studios to include 5.1 in french on all disks.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Oh boy! Making fun of the wannabe-French! Even though I'm not from Quebec can I join in too? :)
That's great the last 60min are on the 2nd disc. That way I don't have to bother with the first 2 hours
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

Mark E J

Second Unit
QUOTE:
- That's great the last 60min are on the 2nd disc. That way I don't have to bother with the first 2 hours -
Hey Jeff why do want to skip the PH attack and only watch the Dolittle Raid?
wink.gif

By the way did anyone else notice that 2 of the 3 Historical documentaries that were supposed to be on the disc have been cut according widescreen review? I don't know about anyone else but I think this sucks.
furious.gif

patriot.gif

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is the non-director's cut (2 disk version) split across 2 disks as well like the 3 disk director's cut?
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

YANG

Screenwriter
The regular theatrical cut of the film is already split into two discs...this refers to the 60th ANNIVERSARY GIFT SET...i believe the regular non-gift set release is a "BREAKER" as well...looking at DISNEY's "great effort" to include french dubbed 5.1(!!!) tracks to all their releases.
Not to be offensive to fellow canadian members,the best way to see and enjoy a movie(to me) is to view it in its original language,not in any other dubbed form.
Although i do not understand french,i am still enjoying LA FEMME NIKITA and TAXI 2 in french...with english and chinese subtitles.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
If there is an intermission structured in, I don't mind the break.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Although i do not understand french,i am still enjoying LA FEMME NIKITA and TAXI 2 in french...with english and chinese subtitles.
Ah, you're chinese... Well, I don't understand chinese, but I do watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with subs instead of the dubs (Although the french dub on CTHD is better than the english one, I prefer subs still)
If you liked the Talking Cars jokes in Taxi 2... Check out Elvis Gratton 2... There's a totally hillairious scene involving Mr Gratton and his car, lets just hope that if a car that can talk is ever made, that it doesn't use foul language that much!!! I don't know if the EG2 DVD has English Subs though...

Users who are viewing this thread