1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Aww...No...not a "BREAKER" for PEARL HARBOR...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by YANG, Nov 14, 2001.

1. YANG

YANG Second Unit

Just seen the review of the PEARL HARBOR of WIDESCREEN REVIEW,the remarks really makes me drool...
    But the feature is split into two discs,thats the worst had happened to be.The first 120mins in disc one,the next 60mins in disc two.Why can't they just sacrifice the extras,french 5.1 track,and probably animated menus just to save more space for the dual digi-surround english track???Squeezing the full feature into one single disc?With a included french subtitle?

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

They probably wanted the best video possible and the most audio features, so you get the film over two discs.
    I think it's good that they did this. Hell, at least it's not three or four breaks like with LD.
    Hoping that New Line will spread the Director's Cut of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring over two discs similarly since it will be much longer than Pearl Harbor. And a DTS or DTS-ES track to die for...
    Dan
    ------------------
    Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

3. YANG

YANG Second Unit

4. Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer Stunt Coordinator

Dan, are you privy to LOTR info that I've missed? The director's cut of The Fellowship of the Ring is to be "much longer" than the three-hour Pearl Harbor? Do tell.
    -bf-
    ------------------
    Bryant Frazer
    Deep Focus
    www.deep-focus.com

5. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

6. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

I believe that the Director's Cut DVD will be split across two discs, and will include an entre-acte/intermission. This doesn't bother me at all.

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Oh boy! Making fun of the wannabe-French! Even though I'm not from Quebec can I join in too? [​IMG]
    That's great the last 60min are on the 2nd disc. That way I don't have to bother with the first 2 hours [​IMG]
    Jeff Kleist

8. Mark E J

Mark E J Second Unit

QUOTE:
    - That's great the last 60min are on the 2nd disc. That way I don't have to bother with the first 2 hours -
    Hey Jeff why do want to skip the PH attack and only watch the Dolittle Raid? [​IMG]
    By the way did anyone else notice that 2 of the 3 Historical documentaries that were supposed to be on the disc have been cut according widescreen review? I don't know about anyone else but I think this sucks. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Is the non-director's cut (2 disk version) split across 2 disks as well like the 3 disk director's cut?
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

10. YANG

YANG Second Unit

The regular theatrical cut of the film is already split into two discs...this refers to the 60th ANNIVERSARY GIFT SET...i believe the regular non-gift set release is a "BREAKER" as well...looking at DISNEY's "great effort" to include french dubbed 5.1(!!!) tracks to all their releases.
    Not to be offensive to fellow canadian members,the best way to see and enjoy a movie(to me) is to view it in its original language,not in any other dubbed form.
    Although i do not understand french,i am still enjoying LA FEMME NIKITA and TAXI 2 in french...with english and chinese subtitles.

11. wally

wally Second Unit

Three words...
    Tora! Tora! Tora!

12. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

If there is an intermission structured in, I don't mind the break.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

13. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Second Unit

14. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor