Awful Truth Boxed Set Season One Error?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Vince Maskeeper, May 5, 2003.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I just finished watching disc one of the Awful Truth series (Season One). THe second to last episode cut off. The odd thing was the time code was correct (running time code stayed correct, didn't jump, although the last half of the episode was cut).

It seems that maybe this only happens on my disc, because I've never seen anyone post about this, and the Digital Bits even had a review for the whole episode:

Mine cuts off with the bit about the guy eating foil.

Does anyone else have this problem? If not, can you tell me what time code you get for the beginning and ending of this episode (episode 5)?

-Vince

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Yeah, don't miss the end of that one. It's the best part of the episode! [​IMG]

Great stuff on that first disc (which is the only one I've watched so far). How much should you pay to rent a video? $35? I bet Blockbuster is trying to figure out which neighborhood SHE lives in and adjust prices accordingly! [​IMG]

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Is there any difference between these discs and the individual season discs that have been out for a couple years now?

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Shouldn't be.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I'm wondering why companies still produce discs like this when the flaw is pointed out. you'd think they'd care enough to fix the authoring error, and start producing corrected versions (especially since it's obviously a structure error, as the entire video clip is on the disc).

-Vince